Brexit, and VAT on second hand cars imported from Great Britain to Northern Ireland

davyk31

RMS Regular
That wouldn’t actually be the case as if it arrives 2021 and tariffs apply it will be payable no matter when the deposit was paid. I held off ordering a new Macan because of the chance of another £6k suddenly being added to the price after Jan.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
That info has been around for a while now. IIRC there was a member on here had to put a deposit on his Porsche in 2020 even though it was due to arrive until 2021 so he would avoid the extra 10%
Just to clarify I think on that front it was a letter from Porsche saying that if there were tariffs it would pass them onto the consumer.

Between Brexit and covid, either the devil is in the detail, or the devil is the detail LOL!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Good news announced there today

55D040C7-944C-41DD-BB19-7FECC5D40AC1.png

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Did I hear it right that there’s a hassle with EORI numbers and cars being registered to your passport etc?

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
anyone tried to purchase used cars from across the water recently? Any issues / unwillingness coming out of the woodwork? I have had 1 dealer just downright refuse to provide any info because of it being an NI purchase.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I am making quite a few enquiries at the moment and all so far are ok. One has stipulated that they cannot deliver into N Ireland which I wouldn’t expect anyway. So long as I arrange a transport company to collect they are happy to do business.

John R

Are there any new costs/paperwork/etc involved when buying a used car (privately or from a dealer) in GB and bring it back here? Or is it just as it was before?

davyk31

RMS Regular
If you bring it back here yourself I can’t see there is anything required. If it comes by a transport company they will look after any paperwork requirements, haven’t had any quotes recently but imagine they may have raised the prices a bit to allow for some extra admin work.