BTCC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Vauxhall returns to BTCC as factory team with Power Maxed Racing

9f4bbe286f9a2abe70f22fdcae313f9e.jpg

Vauxhall will return to the British Touring Car Championship next season as a factory team.

Power Maxed Racing has signed a three-year deal to run new Astras in the series, and initial work has begun on the cars at the team's base in Bidford, Warwickshire.

Vauxhall was one of the mainstays of the BTCC over the last three decades, including taking four straight championships for the Astra Coupe model from 2001 to 2004. It withdrew as a factory operation at the end of 2009.

Power Maxed Racing team boss Adam Weaver said: "When we came in to the BTCC in 2015 with two Chevrolets, we set ourselves an ambition to win the title within five years.

"That might seem quite ambitious, but there is no point being here unless you are out to win.

"I started talking to manufacturers at the end of our first season, and things progressed.

"By securing this deal with Vauxhall, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people."

Weaver said no racers have been signed up for 2017 yet, but he was in negotiations.

"I would say we have about six drivers on the list," he added.

"We are talking to a lot of people and it is important that we get the decision right."

4e391cee5f53961aba5a7658f5111333.jpg

Power Maxed will create the cars in house, rather than sub-contracting the build of the hatchbacks to another firm.

The team is aiming to have the first example of the two-litre turbocharged car running by mid-February next year, with a second example to follow two weeks later.

They will be fitted with the new version of the Swindon Engines-derived BTCC TOCA powerplant, which the team was entrusted with running the development version of during the 2016 campaign.

BTCC series director Alan Gow said he was delighted to be adding another manufacturer to the entry list, with the Vauxhall effort joining Honda, BMW, Subaru and MG as factory-supported teams in 2017.

"It is fantastic to be welcoming the Vauxhall Astra back to the BTCC," said Gow.

"Its history and pedigree is there for all to see, and I have no doubt that the highly professional and experienced team at Power Maxed Racing are capable of being great partners to represent this iconic model."

Power Maxed Racing's deal with Vauxhall is part of a business partnership. Power Maxed is part of the Automotive Brands company, which will help Vauxhall to access further business opportunities.

Josh Cook and Dave Newsham drove for the outfit in 2015, with Cook scoring a podium finish at Rockingham. In 2016, Hunter Abbott handled one of the cars with the second shared between Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher and Newsham.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Looks absolutely class in the renders! hope it lives up to it on track. Glad to see Vauxhall back too, hopefully the right driver package will see them up front

Shaun

RMS Regular
Some new designs starting to come out...well i say new, Pirtek have been the same for about 4 year now lol
Looks good on the BMW though, Jordan needs to settle down in this for a few years and make it his own and stop chasing a championship winning car.

032-720x400.jpg

Honda going black and orange...

4f9a62d6-538e-4044-ae39-2a61d53d050b-720x400.jpg

What a sponsor lol

motorbase_72E4617-720x400.jpg

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
See Turkington has just announced he has split from BMR! Plato didn't like being beaten every race ;)

I sincerely hope he has another drive lined up somewhere.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I just bought a Team BMR mug with his car on it too for work!

I think the last sentence says more than it should

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Team BMR and will savour the success we shared together over the past two seasons,” added Turkington. “However, the time has come to part company and apply the focus to each of our own individual goals and needs.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Yeah they only have Collard and Jordan at the minute and are running 3 cars this year.

Only thing i can see holding them or Colin back is funds.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
2017 BTCC LINE-UP SO FAR

AmD Tuning Audi S3 Saloon
Ollie Jackson, Ant Whorton-Eales

BTC Racing Chevrolet Cruze
Chris Smiley, Dave Newsham

Ciceley Racing Mercedes-Benz A-Class
Adam Morgan

Eurotech Racing Honda Civic Type-R
Jeff Smith, TBA

Handy Motorsport Toyota Avensis
Rob Austin

Laser Tools Racing Mercedes-Benz A-Class
Aiden Moffat

Maximum Motorsport Ford Focus
TBA

Motorbase Performance Ford Focus
Mat Jackson, Luke Davenport, Martin Depper

Power Maxed Racing Vauxhall Astra
Tom Chilton, Senna Proctor

Speedworks Toyota Avensis
Tom Ingram

Team BMR Subaru Levorg
TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA

Team Dynamics Honda Civic Type-R
Gordon Shedden, Matt Neal, Matt Simpson

Team Hard VW CC
Will Burns, Michael Epps, TBA

Team Parker Ford Focus
TBA

Triple Eight MG MG6
TBA, TBA

WSR BMW 125i M Sport
Andrew Jordan, TBA, TBA

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Must be some deal they are working on! Or else they need to sell a few more conservatories first

Shaun

RMS Regular
There is still plenty of seats left. Im surprised Scott hasn't taken the BMR seat yet unless hes saving it for Collard maybe?

Josh Cook and Hunter Abbott still got nothing would be nice to see them on the grid as they are coming on really good.

**** Bennett said something about different color cars at WSR a while back. IHG said they will be sponsoring a team this year, will we see Colin at WSR with the IHG livery maybe :p

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Phew, I was beginning to get worried for young Colin!

Shaun

RMS Regular
May change that 4 to a 7. Can't see anyone else winning it now, reliable rwd car and Colin at the wheel is only gonna finish one way:p

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1487076137036.jpg
    FB_IMG_1487076137036.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 100
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.