BTCC 2019

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
BTCC is back this weekend. Lots of changes over the winter, new cars, new teams, new drivers and some familiar faces.

Qualifying is live on the ITV website and the BTCC website from 3pm on Saturday. All three races are live on ITV 4 on Sunday along with support races, over 6 hours of live motor racing.

Good luck to our local lads, Colin Turkington & Chris Smylie.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Been a long winter, glad it’s back! I’m heading over to Donington in a few weeks time and I can’t wait!

Reactions: dub

MagicRat

RMS Regular
OP
MagicRat
Drives
JapScrap
The start of race 1 tomorrow is going to be interesting: Sutton on pole, Potato in 2nd and Turkington 3rd. So the whinging w@nk stain is sandwiched by the former team mates who comprehensively out scored him over the past four seasons....there's going to be carnage.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Yup still following! I was over at Donington for the last round and thoroughly enjoyed it! Thruxton was good yesterday, decent points haul for Colin. Loved watching the Mini Miglia support race!

Dan.86

RMS Regular
330i looks superb! Good day yesterday especially to come out top of the table. Croft next and my favourite track

MagicRat

RMS Regular
OP
MagicRat
Drives
JapScrap
Missed the Donington races as I was in Japan and couldn't get the ITV hub to work. Yesterday the best races were the Minis, they should be on the support programme instead of the Porsches or F4. Thruxton usually produces the least amount of overtaking due to the nature of the circuit, unfortunately it's being used twice this year. It's spectacular to watch the cornering speeds of the touring cars at Thruxton, just not a lot of overtaking.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Missed the Donington races as I was in Japan and couldn't get the ITV hub to work. Yesterday the best races were the Minis, they should be on the support programme instead of the Porsches or F4. Thruxton usually produces the least amount of overtaking due to the nature of the circuit, unfortunately it's being used twice this year. It's spectacular to watch the cornering speeds of the touring cars at Thruxton, just not a lot of overtaking.

Couldn’t agree more on both points!

I attended Thruxton two years ago and while it was great to see the speeds etc I didn’t enjoy it as much as other tracks I’ve been to. I was disappointed they decided to use it twice this year instead of one of the other tracks.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I've managed to completely miss all of it this year! Will make sure to catch the finale today, glad someone put up a reminder, lol!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Neal doing his team mate a favour. Be some comeback for Turkington from the back on slicks.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Hard to talk your way out of that one Matt. You just wrecked a championship. Even your own team mate wont want to win that way

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Did get anyone catch the reverse grid positions?

That’s three times Turkington has been turned on a championship run, 2014,17 and now. No way Neal needed to stay on that line!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Disgusting from Neal, Colin did well not to wait for him to come and lap him and drive him into the barriers
Would have been good to see, but Colin is a gentleman racer, even his post race interview how he held it together I will never know.
If some competitors work with him and let him through you never know.