BTCC 2020

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
There are so many performance levelling tweaks in BTCC that it's hard to know who is really on top, lol. All you know is it will always come down to the last race weekend, any in-season advantage will be reined in. All those tweaks guarantee that. And whoever enters that particular weekend in whatever happens to be the strongest package on that weekend, wins.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Sutton is very exciting to watch but his demeanour out of the car makes him unlikeable ( I'm sure he's gutted I don't like him ). Some of the things he says and the way he says them makes him hard to like.

Going in to the final weekend there were 5 drivers mathematically capable of winning the championship. I think that demonstrates that those running BTCC know what they're doing with the regulations. There were 7 or 8 drivers who won races this year including a couple of drivers winning for the first time. There are no shortage of teams and drivers wanting to enter the BTCC, not many race series are in that enviable position.

Most of the TOCA support races are good to watch, especially the Ginetta Juniors. The Minis were a great addition this year and I'd have liked to have seen more of the Porsche Cayman racing. Personally I'd ditch the single seater F4 racing and replace it with the Caymans, if they can have two categories of Ginettas and Minis then why not two Porsches.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Sutton spent too much time around Plato I think, how Plato was in his last years in BTCC rubbed off on Sutton I feel. but can’t argue his talent in the car.

you just have to look at the fact that after the Qualifying is done when you could have 20 cars within 1sec of eachother, that’s what makes it so brilliant watch. Yes big advantages are reigned in quickly but if it didn’t then it just end up getting like F1 and someone running away with it.

long may the exciting racing continue

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
Don’t really like him but he is a great driver and deserves that 2nd championship, he would have had it handier if he didn’t make the stupid risky move in Croft after Turkington was out. But that is the kinda racing that we want
Thats abosulutely spot on weeloaney. A talented driver and a cock. As it has always been you need a villain in every good story. Harks back to the days of Clelland, Soper, Harvey et al.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Speaking of support races, your man Harry King in the porsche carrera cup is an outstanding driver.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Porsche Carrera cup racing has a habit of producing young outstanding talent. Dan Harper from Hillsborough was the previous scholarship winner and walked the championship last year. Dan Cammish won it a few years ago and was virtually untouchable. Charlie Eastwood won it a couple of years ago and has gone on to international GT racing.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Anyone see JPs Christmas gift to Matt Neal?
:joy:
68806630-2B3D-414C-BBAD-AA52C7F8F7F1.jpeg