BTCC 2022

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Surprised there was never a BTCC 2022 thread started.
Missed the first race weekend 3 weeks ago due to a wedding but just watched a wet first race at Brand Hatch, tricky conditions.

New hybrid cars seems like a cool idea, no more championship ballast but just given less hybrid power in place of more weight, makes car setup easier and the cars handling doesn’t be affected anymore so think that’s a great way to use the hybrid power.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Saw the full 2nd race at Snetterton, the first btcc race I have seen this year, and was impressed at the closeness of the racing. It all seems fairly level regarding performance etc. About 80% of the first lap the 2 BMW’s ran side by side. Was great racing.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Yeah you can catch up on itv hub. BTCC is getting great coverage this year as a number of times now it’s had some of the races on the main ITV channel rather than ITV4.

I was at knockhill a few weeks back and the racing was class. 2nd race yesterday was a good one, first lap was some great close fair racing.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Yeah you can catch up on itv hub. BTCC is getting great coverage this year as a number of times now it’s had some of the races on the main ITV channel rather than ITV4.

I was at knockhill a few weeks back and the racing was class. 2nd race yesterday was a good one, first lap was some great close fair racing.

That’s how I stumbled across it with it being on the main ITV channel but then it moved to ITV 4 after the race and I was heading out. Was fantastic racing by both of them, and I do like that hybrid power management graduated on success.

c_rad

RMS Regular
The Ginetta juniors race from yesterday was brilliant, lead change 3 times in the last lap.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was brilliant racing yesterday. 2nd race Turkington and Hill and a class side by side for most the 1st lap, not a huge amount of passing but think the heat was hurting them a bit.

3 more events left and the top 4 are very close with Turkington having a bit of an advantage. Going to be an exciting end to the season as always.

Cheers @weeloaney where can it be watched at?
Usually it’s been itv4 but this year they’ve been trialling main utv channel for the first half of the day.

As said tho itv hub and think there’s highlights or something the following Saturday after a race

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I’ve missed nearly every race this year. Good to see CT do well still. I know what you mean though watching him do a last to podium in the past after a punting off is always a great watch

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Like to see Colin do well but he is boring to watch 😅.

Fast driver yes, but he is far to conservative when it comes to racing.
He plays it safe and gathers points until the last weekend and then he changes how he drives when he needs and gets more aggressive.

Drives smart.

But definitely not as exciting to watch as the like of Sutton etc.

The first few laps of the first race were just hectic today 😂

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Just got caught up on Sunday's racing - Ingram is a deserving champion, chuffed for him. On the season as a whole, 'hybrid' (very loose term for what actually is used for) hasn't been as effective as ballast as a BoP. Driving standards has also been shocking with a lot of it going unpunished. Potentially those last two are linked but lets see what next year will bring.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Really happy to see Tom Ingram finally get his hands on that trophy, he’s been so close many times.

I think the hybrid has worked well, the racing is as close as ever and still cam do n to the last race to decide the winner with 4/5 coming into the weekend with mathematical chances of winning.

Don’t recall the driving standards to be any different really, there always batches of dodgey contact happening especially after the summer brake and the last few meetings of the year.

There has been some absolutely brilliant battles m track this year still. The hybrid boost system has been very well thought out I think, know it seems a gimmick but given the pressures to get electric into sports I think it’s been done well without taking anything away for the spectacle of the cars and the racing and means car setup is more predictable without the weight changing etc.