BTCC Anyone?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Just wondering if anyone else on here is interested in, or has been to a round of the BTCC... ive went to knockhill for the last few years, and it is ****in class. the single best racing series in the UK imo

first year i went was the penultimate year of the Super Touring Regulations (those were the days!) year after that there was only 3 or 4 works teams left, so ford swept the board :laughing: was over this summer again, was absolutley amazing! Good to see a portadown man scrapping for podium places!! BTCC looks to makin a big return after the lull of recent years. new regulation means works teams from the ETCC can comptete in the same cars so heres hopin a load more teams join up. Rumours abound that ford may also enter again with a focus...

Probably wudda been better for me to post this thread over the summer after id been and put my pics up... eventually i got round to it :p

Richy

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
randonly i spied a works Super Touring Nissan Primera in the Auto trader last week in the Criagavon area, anyone know who owns it?

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
There was a bloke in the hillclimbing last year in an ex-touring car Primera. Cant remember his name though. Possibly the same car?

Peter

RMS Regular
How do you go about geting tickets for the likes of these races?

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
at knockhill it was pay at the gate, £12 Saturday, £25 Sunday. i think u might have to get them from the circuit people.

Peter

RMS Regular
Ah rite cool, When does the season all start up again? Would be class to get a run over to some of them. It's one of the more exciting motorsports to watch!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
they're fairly pish now. back in the day with plato, biela, rydell, hoy etc they were a good show. very few manufacturers nowadays

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
Lyons said:
they're fairly pish now. back in the day with plato, biela, rydell, hoy etc they were a good show. very few manufacturers nowadays

yes i cant agree more the cars looked so much better too instead of the kits and big wings they put on them now. Went to donington in 98 to see around well worth it!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
btcc9411.jpg

quality

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
was at donnington 2 years ago for the final round of the championship and it was truely amazing !

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Lyons said:

to be honest i reckon this last year has been the best since that era. Alan Gow has come back, and rule changes seem to have made a big difference. This years races at kockhill looked superb!

alan273

Was at mondello last year on post No 13 i think it was - unlucky for some lol. Was a great weekends racing hope to go back this year.

I am in the middle of that lot realy

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
:eek: you are famous!!! :lol:

ever since watching it back in the day that lyons has been talking about, i have wanted a laguna :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.