btcc tales.....

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Went to see the BTCC at Knockhill and stood just down from the start line before the horse shoe back up round and didn't honestly know where to look! Cars were going all directions lol. Absolutely brilliant experience. Unfortunately it coincided with the Omagh bombing so added a sour note to the whole trip :sweat:. Remember sitting in the bar at the hotel watching the news unfold and thinking it was Bangor Main St at first.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Love the 90s BTCC, it was like a bar fight. The cars were much closer to the factory cars than they are today. They should have some nostalgic/vintage BTCC races with those cars again.

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
The first car I ever saw in the flesh - coming out of the clouds at Knockhill

1598887967698.png

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
Last time at Knockhill in 2018. Shot through the catch fencing

Attachments

• Chilton.JPG
    Chilton.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 62

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
OP
martybelfastsri
Drives
all sorts
its a good watch not enought on the early 90s stuff but best era of the racing for me never understood why vauxhall didnt run belmonts a look through vauxhall stuff here

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Can't believe they didn't mention 1994 and Alfa turning up with the 155's and winning the championship from nothing.
I'm a proper BTCC fanboy from the 80's and the 500bhp Cosworths through the super touring era to the early 2000's when I went off contracting and lost touch with it all.
I was a rally fan from the late 70's but ended up working in a local racer's factory and got to work on his cars and do race day support etc so developed an interest in racing too. The BTCC seemed to be a bit of a blend of both race and rally which I loved. I went over to a few races at Brands, Donington (The WTCC round with Nigel in the Mondeo), great craic.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Love the 90s BTCC, it was like a bar fight. The cars were much closer to the factory cars than they are today. They should have some nostalgic/vintage BTCC races with those cars again.
They did a year or so and they do with the Silverstone classic each year.
I have this on DVD along with a Gerry Marshall one. Must dig them out.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The video above seems to jump from 1991 straight to 2000. I was waiting for the Clelland-Soper 🖕 moment (Murray commentating "I'm going for first place") :joy: I imagine these have been pillaged from a Duke video compilation and squeezed into an hour for the Youtube upload limit.

I have just bought the WRC 1990-2010 boxset from Duke but will probably do the same for BTCC now after watching that video. It just reminds me how hairy some of the racing used to be.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I do love them, they feel so direct and connected but they really aren't quick as a 2.0 saloon. The N reg champagne car has a few minor suspension and engine mods which make it a little better but they are no ball of fire. The red left hooker widebody car is a Q4 which is more or less Delta Integrale mechanicals in a 155 shell, quicker but also heavier. The black car is a 2.5V6 which sounds glorious and has a good amount of torque so definitely has a bit more pace. I do need to sort a few out and get rid of 2 or 3 of them though.