Buckled wheel repair - Who??

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Old, rare Volvo wheel which the owner doesn't want to change.
The original wheel is bent at the mounting hub, anyone any suggestions of someone who could straighten it. Have been to Polishing Alloys and Alloy Wheel Repairs NI who both said they can only straighten flat edges, not rims which are actually buckled.

When I say it's buckled, the rim seems to still be round but it's out of true with the face. Technical term seems to be "the barrel is bent"

Any advice or suggestions welcomed.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nu Luk would generally be the best....I presume most places just simply blast and paint/coat wheels, as opposed to actual repairs anyway ?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Cobra have a good write up, have messaged them. Nu Luk is Carrick isn't it? Will give them a shout too as the car is from Larne direction.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I was going to suggest giving Neil a ring at A27 Engineering in Tandragee, but it's a wee bit out of the way.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Nu Luk would generally be the best....I presume most places just simply blast and paint/coat wheels, as opposed to actual repairs anyway ?
Cobra don’t, they actually repair rims as well as blast and paint. I’ve had a couple of rims repaired by them in the past. It’s been a good few years since I was last with them admittedly.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
IC Powdercoating sent my BMW wheel to get straightened (it was really bad, big flat spot) before they powdered them. It was a first class job, didn't even need balanced once the tyre was on. Not sure who they used though but it was only £30 extra.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
IC Powdercoating sent my BMW wheel to get straightened (it was really bad, big flat spot) before they powdered them. It was a first class job, didn't even need balanced once the tyre was on. Not sure who they used though but it was only £30 extra.
Probably Polishing Alloys, my problem isn't a flat spit though

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I had a couple of buckled wheels repaired for people which balanced out perfectly by Polished Alloys - give me a shout if you want it done :grinning:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I've had good experience with Lester Engineering in Lisburn, they do (or used to at least) a lot of repairs for the likes of McKinstry's and the other rally outfits where rims are just another consumable.