Burger Run #2

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Will miss this one with work unfortunately, but if there's anything planned for November I'll be up for a drive out 👍🏻

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Sprucefield Centre to John Macs

Whats the preferred route @Sonny ?

I know the road from Ballynahinch to Castlewellan via Spa is brilliant but your the organiser.

No real preference, each way has it own decent spots! Happy if you want to lead the cars that direction?

Depending on the numbers we could get parked in the car park across from John Macs or the roadside spaces, most likely be Donard car park though!

_20191018_094831.JPG
_20191018_094948.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Few dangerously abrupt T junctions that route though lol, got caught out the first few times in the truck. But sounds like a fun route

I suspect the ones you mean are near Drumarod but I know them and they are well signed.

The first half isn't fun, its a bit dull but there's no better way.

The road surface was 90% re-done on the second half of the route a year ago, prior to that I would not have recommended it unless you had something with amazing suspension.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I suspect the ones you mean are near Drumarod but I know them and they are well signed.

The first half isn't fun, its a bit dull but there's no better way.

The road surface was 90% re-done on the second half of the route a year ago, prior to that I would not have recommended it unless you had something with amazing suspension.

Yeah with the big wall that signals the race is over 🤣 saw it approaching quickly a few times and remembered the layout haha. Was down it a few months back and it was indeed a good surface

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
was about to post to ask about potential route etc ... have a few S2K owners lined up for this to potentially come along

Whereabout's at s'field is everyone meeting?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
was about to post to ask about potential route etc ... have a few S2K owners lined up for this to potentially come along

Whereabout's at s'field is everyone meeting?
I think the best place is in the middle of the McDonalds bit of the car park at between 1130 and 1200...…………………. @Sonny ?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’m not going, so my opinion probably doesn’t count, but that straight road to Ballynahinch isn’t the most exciting. I think I’d go Hillsborough, Ballykeel, Dromara and across to Castlewellan that way.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I’m not going, so my opinion probably doesn’t count, but that straight road to Ballynahinch isn’t the most exciting. I think I’d go Hillsborough, Ballykeel, Dromara and across to Castlewellan that way.
Annahilt, Ballykeel, Dromara, Moneyslane, Castlewellan...………………….hhhmmmm...…………….thought of that but I personally love the smooth twisty B road I mapped on the 2nd half.

I'm easy, its up the man @Sonny

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
The drive/route itself isn't the most important aspect I guess. We're still going to run into Sunday drivers no matter so wouldn't be aiming to set a record pace! Each route will have boring and fun sections so happy enough to leave it as above! We can try other routes next time :grinning:

Yep meeting point will be the McDonald side of the car park, half way up to stay outta their customers way.

Aim to leave at 12 so if people can arrive before then, if not you'll know where we'll be!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Could be tempted to go on this. Missed most of the runs this year and could do with blowing out some cobwebs.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
would liked to have taken the mr2 but it's up on axle stands for the foreseeable unless someone magics me a power steering reservoir and return pipe then MOTs it!