Burning fibreglass

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Given what it is made from....the resin aspect might burn ( just look at how some composite cars burn ), but the glass mat wouldnt really burn, so you'd still be left with a real crappy mess.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bag it and take it to the dump, if you’re referring to the rock wool style insulation.

If you’re talking about hardened fibreglass such as bumpers or old baths, make damn sure it not near anything else flammable that you don’t want burnt as it creates massive heat and burns like a champion. I’ve burnt plenty of old broken body kits and stuff and it burns really well.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Thank you for answering a question i knew the answer to.

The point of the thread is, theres a fella that makes fibreglass canopies beside where i store my cars and he is burning the stuff daily, the smell of the fumes is horrendous and they always seem to make there way into my storage unit.

I have tried asking him not to light these fires, but he is just being ignorant about. Have even pleaded with the land owner and he doesnt seem to really care either, a like it or lump it sort of attitude he has.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Thank you for answering a question i knew the answer to.

The point of the thread is, theres a fella that makes fibreglass canopies beside where i store my cars and he is burning the stuff daily, the smell of the fumes is horrendous and they always seem to make there way into my storage unit.

I have tried asking him not to light these fires, but he is just being ignorant about. Have even pleaded with the land owner and he doesnt seem to really care either, a like it or lump it sort of attitude he has.

I'm not being cheeky but if you knew the answer why did you ask?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Find out if your unit is in a smokeless area and report it to the council. Expect a bit of flack from the landlord and other tenants if you go that route.

If he’s served with an abatement notice he’ll be fined up to £5,000 for breaching it.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
If it's a business he can't burn toxic waste. The guy that owns the yard where my dad has his workshop got in bother for it a year or so back.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Another fire blazing this morning when i arrived, between this and the garage next to me burning oil. I dont know what to do.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Yeah I would suggest the same, if imagine if you start complaining etc the landlord will want you out rather than them anyway judging by the fact he didn’t seem to care when you told him you weren’t happy.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Yea, thats the plan. But its just finding somewhere suitable for my needs, which is a nightmare.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
You're probably feeling some ill effects of all this industrial burning and the toxins it produces? Signs of asthma, sore head, nausea, can't sleep at night, smells lingering in the house?

You know what i have been wondering why i get unwell all of a sudden occasionally, maybe these fumes are the reason why.

Contact department of environment and let them deal with it?

Spoken with the local M.L.A also, and he suggests the same. But that will only open up a can of worms for me.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
A quick google seems to suggest the glass fibres don’t burn and can go airborne, so definitely not a good thing to be around.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I know...but if its such a problem and you need something done...why will it open a can of worms to do anything ?

it sounds like they're both really doing things they shouldnt be, on lots of levels. Even more so if they are legit businesses.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.