bus lane fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mako

RMS Regular
i got hit with the camera at 28 seconds past 6 on a friday evening passing the side of the city hall were thompsons garage is. been using it for years and totally forgot about the new system

if it was after 6 would i not get away with it? was gona appeal it.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
What does the street signage say? If it's only in operation say 8am to 6pm I'd appeal it.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Most of the Inner Cty Bus lanes are 0700 - 1900 Mon - Sat, apart from the one that goes alongside Primark into Castle Street which is 24 hr as its a No Entry to all (inc Taxis) except buses.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It's same one mentioned in another thread, but as above, most lanes are til around 7pm in evening.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Most of the Inner Cty Bus lanes are 0700 - 1900 Mon - Sat, apart from the one that goes alongside Primark into Castle Street which is 24 hr as its a No Entry to all (inc Taxis) except buses.

I had to park in the city centre all night to do some work(Out the front of Vic Sq, where Crabtree & Evelyn etc is) and entered town at 6pm via the street with bubba-que/back of M&S and left at 10am by heading down towards KFC. should I expect something in the post? I neglected the legality of it all at the time.

avo5021

RMS Regular
I had to park in the city centre all night to do some work(Out the front of Vic Sq, where Crabtree & Evelyn etc is) and entered town at 6pm via the street with bubba-que/back of M&S and left at 10am by heading down towards KFC. should I expect something in the post? I neglected the legality of it all at the time.
I dont think you breach any going that way !!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Groovy. Ta. The job was hassle enough without the added ballache of a fine.

johnm

RMS Regular
I got one through for the 24hr one at the bottom of castle street at 1am!
If I phone them up and argue it, what's the chances? lol

Seriously stupid!!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
I pulled in on East Bridge St a good bit before Central Station to leave a colleague off for the train. Was in the lane (sitting) for maybe 20 seconds max then pulled straight back out.

I thought the lanes were enforced by mobile unit but a taxi driving pulled up beside me at the next set of lights and said I was probably in for a nice £90 fine in the post as there was a fixed camera there :worried:

Was in the lane for 20 secs and didn't block any buses. Any way out of this or just suck it up and make said colleague walk in future?

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
if dropping off at central station, drop off at the end of the building because the camera is on the pole at the city end of the building pointing to the front doors and out of town. this has a lot to do with value cabs paying 3k to have a rank at central station and it stops black taxis ranking at the front door.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Probably pulled in beside the market here:

Screenshot_2016-01-15-19-03-33.png

Expect a nice letter @salster ?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
if dropping off at central station, drop off at the end of the building because the camera is on the pole at the city end of the building pointing to the front doors and out of town. this has a lot to do with value cabs paying 3k to have a rank at central station and it stops black taxis ranking at the front door.

I take it Value cabs operate the same phone booking thing they do at the City Airport ?

ie they may park at the door of Train Station...but isnt it illegal for them to do public hire ?

Cess

RMS Staff
They don't park at the front, the black taxis do. Value Cabs pick up from the ground floor area of Central Station

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.