buying a car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
without being funny... a fiat tipo is group 10!!!!

Thats 3 groups higher than a 1.8 laguna.... what the ***! When i was 21 it cost me £2000 to insure!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
corsa, get them cheap, cheap insurance and parts are vv easy to come by

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
dci 65 clio group 3 for the authentique and group 4 for the other stlyes - still easy to insure

Dermot

batmanon2 said:
need a motor it has to be cheep to buy and insure any one any ideas

Depends what your looking for in a car... And what you mean buy cheap?

1.0 and 1.2 8V corsa can be got for around £300 and are only group 2 and 3 to insure..

Emmy

for £300 they would have to have high milage and unless they have full service history not worth looking at IMO coz at high milage esp in corsas if they havnt been properly serviced they can have problems.

turbod

RMS Regular
Drives
astra elite/s13
corsa's in general have problms ive found if there early versions, my mates had 4 corsa's in the past year, all around 94,
everyone of them had crap joints and bushes, he's now settled down and bought a decent wee 106 1.1,

batmanon2

RMS Regular
OP
batmanon2
when i say cheap i mean somethig about £500 but insurance is gonna b the killer cos im allready paying £1300 the bike im hopeing to do a 6 wheel policy.

Jason

RMS Regular
turbod said:
corsa's in general have problms ive found if there early versions, my mates had 4 corsa's in the past year, all around 94,
everyone of them had crap joints and bushes, he's now settled down and bought a decent wee 106 1.1,
utter bollix... suspension is the last thing that goes in early corsa's iv had 3-4

Emmy

yeh it would more than likely be something with the engine that would go if it had high milage.

Gambit

RMS Regular
crap joints??? never heard corsa's suffering from arthritis before - bushes are only rubber after all, course they'll wear out!

and even if something big does go wrong with them, you can pick up complete engines for £50 or so

i wouldnt even worry about service history or anything if your just looking a cheap run around

Adam

RMS Regular
turbod said:

First Ive heard of it too. I had 3 of them and never had any problems.
106's and Saxo's are 10 times worse. Only difference is that they can go round corners alot better!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.