Buying a Seat leon FR tdi (Price Check)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
Ok just about to buy a seat leon fr tdi, registered in july 07, 13k miles, owned by seat uk from new, zenith grey, standard car in mint condition, dealer is looking 14650 for the car and says its the best he car do for the car, im trading an 04(Aug) seat ibiza 1.2s with 47k miles in athracite blue with a few extras - 16" seat sport alloy wheels etc, he is giving me 2600 for the car, i think that is a pretty low price tbh. Im wondering in the new car to expensive, should i be able to get him down abit more?

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
You never really get a good price when trading in to a dealer. itd be a much better option to sell the car privatley. check the autotrader and see what similar ibiza's are making.

Think thats about the going rate for an fr tdi at the min too. Theres 2 in roadside lurgan at the min, ones grey with 11k, 07 from seat uk for 14995 i think and a black one with 9k and xenons and satnav and a load of extras for 16495 i think.

chip

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang Cobra
Well for comparison when I got mine back in middle of April, it was Aug 07 so 8 months old with 8000 on the clock also an ex Seat UK car and I too traded in. Total was £14995

L7 KVV

RMS Regular
Drives
Several
When I bought my altea fr last august I had all but sighed the papers on a yellow frtdi leon. But they were looking £16k, that was straight sale price. car was 3mths old with 3k on the clock. This was from SERE in lisburn

I ended buying the altea because it was 2.5k less, same engine, same spec. Plus I prefered the look

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
You never really get a good price when trading in to a dealer. itd be a much better option to sell the car privatley. check the autotrader and see what similar ibiza's are making.

Think thats about the going rate for an fr tdi at the min too. Theres 2 in roadside lurgan at the min, ones grey with 11k, 07 from seat uk for 14995 i think and a black one with 9k and xenons and satnav and a load of extras for 16495 i think.

Its roadside im buying form mate, i have the zenith grey one held over, considered the black one with all the toys but i didnt think it was worth the extra tbh.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
try autotrader for prices had a quick look and seen the same car for 13995. ask them how much with no trade in and try and sell your car privately, stealers umm dealers want maximum profit from you dont give them it. its easy to trade in they do all the work but your paying for the priviledge. surely a golf would be better than a leon. after all seat is a poor mans volkswagen, i found this out myself by buying an ibiza. great car but the dealer network is rubbish

L7 KVV

RMS Regular
Drives
Several
I kinda agree with jim, i dont like think my car is very good

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
surely a golf would be better than a leon. after all seat is a poor mans volkswagen,

The Golf and the Leon are aimed at 2 different markets... the GT TDi is seen as a GT type car, ie, comfortable and swift, whereas the FR is more of a hot hatch, it's stiffer, sharper and lighter. The FR comes with a fairly epic spec list as well, a lot of which you dont get on the "equivelent" Golf. (Read EVO's review of the Cupra... some standard stuff isn't even available as an option on any Golf)

Your own car has a value mate, and there are few will know it better than Ger.. He knows your family go to him first and because of this he'll do the best deal he can for you...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.