Buying ignition leads!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Adam

RMS Regular
The car needs some leads badly and Ive been looking around various websites to see whats on offer etc.
One thing Ive noticed though is that some of them have mentioned that they only sell 4 leads and not the 5!
This is no use to me at all as its the coil lead thats in the worst condition!

Anyone know of anywhere that sells decent leads in a set of 5?
Need some asap.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
The original BERU ones are 140 apparently and most Vauxhall garages dont even sell them anymore. Their new leads arent as good apparently.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
The Magnecors I looked at on some websites only came with 4 for some mad reason!
Must have another look.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Yeah, mine is a 92 which has a dizzy and a coil lead. Most places are only selling the post 93 models which come with a DIS pack therefore not needing the leads. :worried:

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Thats for the 8v though! :p
Mine is the 16v.
Just had a look though and the leads for the GTE should fit.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Thinking of getting the GTE leads as they come with the coil lead unlike the GSI kit.
Pretty much the same engine in the GTE so should be fine hopefully.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Who knows what size or shape of lead I'd get though. The GTE kit should do the job.

Just need to decide now what thickness of leads to get. 8mm will probably be fine I'd say.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Cool, just sent them an email to see if they still do the original spec BERU leads for my engine. :grinning:

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Just got an email back from that place that does the BERU ones. There are two types depending on the engine number and mine just happens to be the more expensive and the one that will take 2-3 weeks to order from Germany!
The other type are £20 cheaper and they have them in stock.

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
Europarts in Dungannon sold me a complete set of new ones...all 5 of them for £25...
I though that was dear...
That was 4 a red top...

They were some good make aswell cant remember name...

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
UPTO Mot 14002934...ZEF568....£72.07 Plus Vat (In Stock)
FROM Mot 14002935...ZEF1157.....£94.97 Plus Vat (Special Order from Germany 2-3 Weeks)....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.