Bye bye focus hello new scrap

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Bye bye to my much loved St focus great car. Time to move onto something different.
Original plan was a slk 55 amg running costs are eye watering. A v8 mustang was a contender as was the front runner a mk3 rs focus. Couldn't get a decent deal on a focus. So while sitting in a loading bay for 5 hours I set to look for a new car. Limited by what I like I looked at a few latest hot hatches. Settled on a amg a45, rang dealer booked an appointment. Turned up in my work clothes after Unloading in a building site and made a mess of their carpet. They miraculously had to remove the wheels for another car despite me booking an appointment the day before. So any way I digress far too much.
Still on the loading bay I start watching a few reviews and this car while some think it's not as good as the older model I'm intrigued as the older model was fun to drive as I test drove l1 when i looked at a ttrs.
Now buying a brand spanking new car gets me smoke blown up my hole but also a warranty, breakdown and all the bells and whistles free coffee and buns.
I don't get enough time at home to be worrying about getting my car fixed. After being stranded on boxing night with a failed alternator. 2 taxis and the mate @BLS helping me out focus was back on the road. So enough of worrying about older cars breaking down. Time to go mad live a little and buy a brand new car.
Go to the dealers and test drive the car. Wow great going car, wasn't fussed on the looks at all. But after the initial shock I thought I could live with it.
Deal was done thankfully the car was exactly what I want in it. Then I had to pick a number plate, he was taken back when I said it's just letters and numbers anything you like.
So this car I bought on the drip (against my better judgment but no point being the richest man in the grave yard) thought I would live a little and treat myself.
Never thought I would buy a German car as I really don't like them. So the first option I wanted was working indicators as most BMW don't have them. Suppose its not the car that's a ball bag. So yes I bought a BMW.
Im not into all this model ballix or the different options.
So now to what I bought for some reason a 135i is a 2 litre baffled me. Went for blue thought it was the nicest, 19in wheels, rear glass tinted, fancy wireless with a Harmom hardon speakers and full leather. Only pics at the dealer will get a roll of film for the fancy camera.
Catch up with @Big Pimp today great to see you Ross. It goes well doesn't it. 😂View attachment 267158View attachment 267159View attachment 267160View attachment 267161

And so it begins I'm really too old for this sh1t.
View attachment 267163
View attachment 267165

And fitted bit more induction noise not a bad thing they are quiet. Ac springs when they come out, back box and the tuning box. Keep the warranty right.
Can confirm it goes well lol
Health to Drive mate well deserved👍🤘👍🤘

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
Cheers mate 👍👍👍. Get a run out when youre better.
It pulls well mid range. 90 miles on the clock she is run in and all.
Can confirm it goes well lol
Health to Drive mate well deserved👍🤘👍🤘

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Good to see you back jim! Keep us updated with the progress of this, nice to see a new one on the site!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Thanks I'm happy with it launch control is hilarious
Ahhh!!! So you found it then?!

the car is fantastic Jim, and it was great to get a bite of lunch and catch up.
I’m delighted for you dude. I really am.
Health to enjoy every mile in your new motor. You deserve it mate

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Good to see you back on here Jim.

Not a massive fan of the new 1 series myself but that does look lovely! Health to indicate! :laughing:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
Thankyou gentlemen a bit of a marmite car some say its ugly but I can't see it from the drivers seat. Plus the interior is way above anything I'm used to. Fancy bit of kit inside still no idea how to work the half of it and probably never will.
Big thankyou to @davyk31 bent his ear over It.
It's going to a guy in Ballymena studio 10 to get the dealer standard option of swirls in the paint work removed. Then I can keep on top of it with anachem products and the usual 5 bucket method and rinsed with the tears of a dodo. 👍

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Class Jim good to see you in a good German Motor :p.

I hope to get a wee look round it next time your in.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Welcome back Jim, I didn't put you down as a BM man, nice purchase, enjoy :cool:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@Tufty I will be up with Phillip to see about getting my camera fitted.
@Mel thank you.... I'm not a bm fan at all. The lure of big discount and cheap finance wins every time. A mk3 rs focus was always number 1 choice. After driving both this is a very close second.
Yes its a great car very quick and fantastic handling can't fault it at all. I'm paying a premium for warranty, breakdown and coffee and buns. For me it's worth it no hassle just get i and drive and enjoy.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Thankyou gentlemen a bit of a marmite car some say its ugly but I can't see it from the drivers seat. Plus the interior is way above anything I'm used to. Fancy bit of kit inside still no idea how to work the half of it and probably never will.
Big thankyou to @davyk31 bent his ear over It.
It's going to a guy in Ballymena studio 10 to get the dealer standard option of swirls in the paint work removed. Then I can keep on top of it with anachem products and the usual 5 bucket method and rinsed with the tears of a dodo. 👍
There is not a better man in the country to do this for you .his detail is second to none .on a plus side ,at least you will get what you pay for with studio 10 ,no bullsh1t and no 3 day jobs done in an evening ..his aftercare is second to none .top man he is .

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Great to see you back Jim!

Car looks absolutely superb, I LOVE these new 1’s.

Is that Country Garage?