C63 PP Estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
May 2013, I was at the Barcelona F1 and saw one of these in action as the medical car. Knew that one day I'd have one. Sadly at the time I couldn't stretch to the £68k that they were, but luckily they've dropped in price since.

I was pretty specific in that I wanted a facelift estate, ideally in tenorite grey(silver also considered), had to have the performance pack and ideally LSD and black leather. Had been looking for a wee while and had given up as none seemed to come up, or sold quickly when they did!

An M2 Competition pack was nearly ordered, and also got pretty far in negotiations on a couple of F31(?) M3s, but watching the exhaust videos on YouTube just didn't do it for me.

Anyways, had found a new shape C63 in white and when I went on to the dealers page, this older shape popped up as having just come in to stock and hadn't been advertised on autotrader or the likes yet. Phoned them up, explained I was in a desert in Iraq and done a deal there and then.

Car is a 2013 model with the Performance Pack so comes with the better(dearer) brakes, alcantara trimmed wheel and SLS internals as standard, and power is upped to 486bhp.
The red leather wasn't first choice, but I love it. Doesn't have the LSD but no issues as I'll fit a quaife anyways which is arguable better than the MB unit.

As yous know, went straight to MSL yesterday who are well respected in the MB tuning world. It dyno'd at 515bhp 'standard' so must have ahd a map already on it. They stuck the eurocharged v7 map on for me and it's now 538bhp which is plenty for a big estate. Also got the handheld mapping unit for any updates, tweaks, flashing to standard etc. They also done the secondary cat delete for me which makes it sound a bit more aggressive, but still nice and subtle on the motorway.

Plans are the LSD, carbon bits like the diffuser and splitter, and long term would love a 507 bonnet with the vents and 507 wheels. Reps are cheap enough, but I'll hold out for genuine.

Have a track day in Anglesey next month which will be fun, and also doing snowdonia and evo triangle to get to know it. Then next year another euro road trip including the Ring, German and Hungarian F1 and then the usual mountain passes.

Rubbish photos for now until I get it cleaned properly

20181012_085954.jpg
20181012_090043.jpg

20181012_090103.jpg

20181012_090159.jpg
20181012_090612.jpg
20181012_090729.jpg
20181012_090740.jpg
20181012_090841.jpg
20181011_163939.jpg
20181011_103336.jpg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Did the earlier cars have a LSD as standard? Bit mad that these didn't come with one unless you specced it from new.

Noise is unreal. (y)

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Absolutely lovely Gav. Red leather looks class too, miss it from my BM.
Can't wait for a rip!

The 507 Wheels and bonnet would make it look even harder as you say!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Did the earlier cars have a LSD as standard? Bit mad that these didn't come with one unless you specced it from new.

Noise is unreal. (y)

Not standard no but could be specced as part of the performance pack. The facelift version you spec the performance pack but then have to tick the option for LSD separately ffs.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Absolutely unreal Gav. Get the metros back in it though!

Heading up today to get them made. Only saw you at the last minute earlier, was heading up to get the traditional first day back at home haircut.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I'm not an estate fan, would be saloon for me but incredible car! the noise is totally immense in these, m3/m4 wouldn't even compare in the slightest!

must be an absolute beast. (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.