C63 PP Estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Cheers all, good to see some AMG love on here (y) Been out playing in it today so that’s another tank of fuel through it lol. So much fun, though useless in the wet!

Excellent!!! Health to supercharge?

Lol, the MSL boys priced me one up yesterday. Around £14k for 730bhp. No! Definitely not! We’ll see next year lol, but can’t see me going that route as that’s pushing things a bit outside my comfort zone, and if it breaks it’s not cheap. Nice and useable as it is, and engines/boxes seem happy enough at this power.

Lovely car, really want to get one coming into easter time. Though I thought the PP's came with the LSD?

It’s a mine field lol! As far as I can make out is prefacelift PP had the LSD, but PP+ didn’t but could be specced. I know on the facelift the PP was option P31 which mine has, and the LSD was option 471 high had to be added to it separately.

That is mega. Saw the vid on Insta yesterday and was actually giggling like a kid at the noises coming from it! How does it compare to the B7 RS4 out of interest?

Get up to the North Coast sometime so I can hear it in person!

Grey with red leather is a really awesome colour combo, it's exactly how I'd want it myself.

Enjoy.

I’ll give you a shout when I venture up, may be this time home though may not, I’ve a lot on as always.

Compared to the RS4, interesting one. I’d say on a track or back road the RS4 would win hands down, but there’s no fun in that! The C63 does handle well, though is a wee bit more on edge, especially in the wet with traction control in sport mode as @Boabybooster found out today :joy:

Power delivery wise the C63 has more low down and constant grunt, where the RS4 was a lot more revvy and nearly had to be raked to make good progress. But then gearbox wise I thought no the RS4 suited the manual as it needed that bit of raking, where the Merc is definitely more suited to being an auto.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Cheers all, good to see some AMG love on here (y) Been out playing in it today so that’s another tank of fuel through it lol. So much fun, though useless in the wet!

Lol, the MSL boys priced me one up yesterday. Around £14k for 730bhp. No! Definitely not! We’ll see next year lol, but can’t see me going that route as that’s pushing things a bit outside my comfort zone, and if it breaks it’s not cheap. Nice and useable as it is, and engines/boxes seem happy enough at this power.

It’s a mine field lol! As far as I can make out is prefacelift PP had the LSD, but PP+ didn’t but could be specced. I know on the facelift the PP was option P31 which mine has, and the LSD was option 471 high had to be added to it separately.

I’ll give you a shout when I venture up, may be this time home though may not, I’ve a lot on as always.

Compared to the RS4, interesting one. I’d say on a track or back road the RS4 would win hands down, but there’s no fun in that! The C63 does handle well, though is a wee bit more on edge, especially in the wet with traction control in sport mode as @Boabybooster found out today :joy:

Power delivery wise the C63 has more low down and constant grunt, where the RS4 was a lot more revvy and nearly had to be raked to make good progress. But then gearbox wise I thought no the RS4 suited the manual as it needed that bit of raking, where the Merc is definitely more suited to being an auto.
Glad I was too rough to drive, would have ended up in the sea.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
giphy.gif

Amazing, health to Race and top marks for the Upgrades already bud

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Well that's just fantastic, great colour combo too. The noise out of these is brilliant as well!

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Lovely car @gav525

Sorta snap as I bought a 2013 pp (saloon) last month also, to fill a Volvo hole in the garage.

I was caught out on the lsd, it was advertised with one, the previous owner presumed because it had the performance pack that the lsd was fitted and because he owned the car since a year old and had only covered 5k miles in 4 years he was none the wiser as Mercedes had quietly removed them from the model around 2011. Leaving Tullyglass car park last Sunday with one black stripe and no lock I soon realised it wasn't there. I rang rick at ricks garage (ex momentum) and got a quaife fitted. The difference with control-ability and putting the power down is day and night literally. They should have had it from the factory. Top service as always from Rick.

Power wise most guys on the forum are over 500 with no map on the pp car, so I would say yours is normal enough.

If your passing call in (y)

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Lovely car @gav525

Sorta snap as I bought a 2013 pp (saloon) last month also, to fill a Volvo hole in the garage.

I was caught out on the lsd, it was advertised with one, the previous owner presumed because it had the performance pack that the lsd was fitted and because he owned the car since a year old and had only covered 5k miles in 4 years he was none the wiser as Mercedes had quietly removed them from the model around 2011. Leaving Tullyglass car park last Sunday with one black stripe and no lock I soon realised it wasn't there. I rang rick at ricks garage (ex momentum) and got a quaife fitted. The difference with control-ability and putting the power down is day and night literally. They should have had it from the factory. Top service as always from Rick.

Power wise most guys on the forum are over 500 with no map on the pp car, so I would say yours is normal enough.

If your passing call in (y)

Ah class mate, that's lovely! How do you find it compared to the Volvo?

Good to know about the diff an all, was going to give them a shout and see what they said. Are they competitive price wise? Was even going to just fit it myself if I can get one at a good price.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Ah class mate, that's lovely! How do you find it compared to the Volvo?

Good to know about the diff an all, was going to give them a shout and see what they said. Are they competitive price wise? Was even going to just fit it myself if I can get one at a good price.

Yeah and they know exactly what their doing which limits potential balls ups. Even had new diff bearings ready pop in when the old ones came out.

Volvo was absolutely superb, but as a weekend car a rwd v8 fits the bill better. Volvo would be better as a regular driver tho.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Yeah and they know exactly what their doing which limits potential balls ups. Even had new diff bearings ready pop in when the old ones came out.

Volvo was absolutely superb, but as a weekend car a rwd v8 fits the bill better. Volvo would be better as a regular driver tho.

Did you sell the polestar? Where'd it go?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Sounded great going up through Hillsborough yesterday.

Haha wasn’t sure if you’d seen me let alone had a clue who it was :joy: Saw the Lambo a mile off lol, such an aggressive stance even when parked at the side of the road!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Absolutely love it Gav, health to drive.

Someone was cutting a black one last night through Hillsborough last night and it sounded well.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Just love these, there was a Red Coupe round my way last night, followed by a G Wagon so you can imagine it was a delight to the hearing

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
He certainly has! It was seeing your car made me want to use him, so I'm happy mine has turned out with the same deep gloss look!

have you had a car detailed before? interested to see what you think of the gyeon on it, I've been impressed with it,

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
have you had a car detailed before? interested to see what you think of the gyeon on it, I've been impressed with it,

Yes I had the Gtechniq on the Mini. From what I've seen so far the Gyeon looks class, real wet deep look to it.
The Mini was real easy kept clean so will be interesting to see how this is to live with as I'm all about minimum time washing and more time driving lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.