C63 PP Estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Yes I had the Gtechniq on the Mini. From what I've seen so far the Gyeon looks class, real wet deep look to it.
The Mini was real easy kept clean so will be interesting to see how this is to live with as I'm all about minimum time washing and more time driving lol

I have gtechniq on mine and I have coated gyeon & cquartz uk onto others and I think I would go the gyeon route for myself next time!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Did the Evo triangle and a track day at Anglesey last weekend. Unreal roads and weather on the Friday, though the trackday was a bit wet on the Saturday!

Car performed amazingly, though all the power is just useless in the wet. Had one of my best battles with a 140bhp 106 Rallye ffs :joy: Averaged 6.9mpg on the track, then 22 on the way up from Dublin so not too bad.

Some photos of the roads and the place we stayed(old place of worship complete with pulpit, hymn book and jesus on a cross watching over us ffs):
20181102_100530.jpg
20181102_112459.jpg
20181102_144051.jpg
IMG_3380.JPG
20181102_153026.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Noise of thon thing :heart_eyes:.You sure know how to pick some trips (y)

Was actually part of the euro trip I done earlier this year. Got to choose any of their UK trackday to do as part of the package, so me and the lad in the white subaru arranged to do the same one and take in some scenery while we were there.

Roll on euro trip 2019 now, though going it alone this time!

warren

RMS Photographer
That looks absolutely brilliant. Car sounds utterly incredible even out of my phone speaker!

Would love to do something like that myself! My VRS estate is just a mini c63 *cough* it will be practically the same :laughing:

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
That looks absolutely brilliant. Car sounds utterly incredible even out of my phone speaker!

Would love to do something like that myself! My VRS estate is just a mini c63 *cough* it will be practically the same :laughing:

Definitely do it! You'll have fun no matter what you are in. There were guys out in a Citroën C1 last weekend having as much fun as anyone else! I'd say the VRS would be sharp enough, plenty torque to power out of corners.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Was actually part of the euro trip I done earlier this year. Got to choose any of their UK trackday to do as part of the package, so me and the lad in the white subaru arranged to do the same one and take in some scenery while we were there.

Roll on euro trip 2019 now, though going it alone this time!

You’re living the dream with all these motor related adventures

I’m getting married next year but I’m sure I could put that off if you want a co pilot. The fiancée won’t mind.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
You’re living the dream with all these motor related adventures

I’m getting married next year but I’m sure I could put that off if you want a co pilot. The fiancée won’t mind.

Cheers, I'm only home for 6 months of the year so try to cram in as much as I can when I'm off.

Get a road trip done as part of your honeymoon :joy:
I'm taking the wife with me again. Never thought she'd enjoy the first euro trip as much, but it was her suggested we do it again but take longer and have it a bit more relaxed this time!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Car was meant to be away for a month, but due to work delays I got to take it out again.
Had a good blast out today with a few fellow RMSers and then on to Montalto estate and Newcastle with the wife

20181111_082527.jpg
20181111_115316.jpg
20181111_161947.jpg
20181111_164249.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Not a major update, but saw over 20mpg today on a longer run :grinning:

Was going to change the wheels, then I wasn't, then I was again, just don't know. I hate the standard rims plus they're soft and will crack soon so I'll have to think of something.

20190214_162825.jpg
20190214_134739.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Finally got round to fitting 4 new tyres, so a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S went on yesterday with wheel alignment afterwards.

20190722_100059.jpg

Then thought I'd do the pads for the upcoming road trip. Actually didn't need done as were done recently, but the Ring and the alpine passes will be hard enough on the brakes. I can take the old ones as spares just in case though. Nice and easy to do luckily enough, just slide in.

20190722_161548.jpg

20190723_124954.jpg

And lastly I'm doing the auxiliary belt. Read too many stories now of them snapping randomly, sometimes at low mileage. Best case is a few warning lights, stick new belt on and go again. Worst case is it also whips through the main loom, which is inconvenient.
So belt, tensioner and all pulleys getting done now.

20190723_161637.jpg

Sunday morning I'll go to Cars and Coffee at Down Royal then we head straight from there to Hungary for a 4500mile round trip.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.