C7 Allroad daily

wbrown343

RMS Regular
Drives
D2 S8
After an absolute rollercoaster of an experience since selling my Amarok at the end of last year, I think I'm finally into a car I can daily for a while🤞

Bought a B8 A4 Avant S Line - never gelled with it from the start, nice driving car but very sore on diesel for very little power and had a completely rotten sill which had to cut and weld before the sale!

Sold the A4 with the hope of getting into a B7 RS4 Avant but after 6 weeks of trying to buy one here, was ghosted by the seller. Couldn't afford any others in the mainland with wingbacks etc so I gave up on that dream in the meantime.

I was considering a B5 S4 at the time of looking at the RS, but knew it needed a hell of a lot of work and since the RS plan fell through and I literally couldn't do without a road legal car for any longer, I ended up buying the S4.

E5E95DB2-1302-47EA-9749-ED6BA009C939_converted.jpg
FCCF17AB-8720-4D2D-9B1F-6E4036878E38_converted.jpg

Worst decision yet...
Known issues - Some paint needed, headliner sagging, power steering pump failed, oil pressure sensor failed and the car has been sitting so the usual bearings and brakes issues that come along with that. Had 2nd hand seized BCs installed too. Quite a few spares with the car so thought surely it'll fix into a reasonable car when I get time to sort it. It only has 107k miles after all, and does drive well.
Unknown issues - Seller was a local fella i know quite well, he actually bought fat fives off me to put on the car a while ago. Got the car home and thought I'd take the wheels off as there was a bit of a shake at speed to find out that he had ground the hub off a set of spacers that were required to clear the front arm, not an issue in itself but the wheel bolts weren't tightened all round :scream: no wonder it was shaking at speed. This rounded out the centre of the alloy too, so that's pretty much 2 scrap fat fives :rolleyes: he had also cut and welded the standard exhaust. Changed the downpipes and deleted the backbox but has welded it on about 15-20 degrees rotated so its hitting the road, the subframe, and touching and melting the bumper. At this point I asked for my money back but no chance, he had the money spent. I just lost heart in it after having to drive it for a couple weeks and set about looking for something else with the wheels attached this time🤞

2012 A6 Allroad - Brown edition
I'm a lover of a different coloured car, especially an Audi as they're usually black, grey or silver, so when I seen this pop-up I thought id have to go take a look. On the right side of cullybackey too so tied a test drive into running my dads van into MOT in Ballymena one night. Bigggg miles at 176k but its had a gearbox which was my biggest worry looking at them. Seller seems to have taken very good care with a lot of money spent on the car so I'm hoping this will last me for a while cause I wont be putting mad miles on it (I work 2 miles from home). Was a family car so there's a few marks here and there but generally quite clean for the miles inside and out. The allroad mode is good craic too, took it to the beach a spin the next day!

1C62BD33-2964-4AFD-867F-87CDACAAB39A_converted.jpg
097DE52A-3D82-4319-B898-74AC4796DDD4_converted.jpg

2E9C6584-E72D-4C29-A041-C50886C9618D_converted.jpg
01416B24-1397-404B-876E-E26307DFFE2C_converted.jpg

It's far bigger than the S8, and its no small car :joy: 220 miles done over the weekend and very impressed so far! Will get wheels for it at some stage but I think it would be a shame to lower it 8o| look mom I'm all grown up :joy: would loveeeeeee Rotiform AVS for it but apparently they're mega hard to get and they only do them in forged now

Current reg is very PSNI, so much so my policeman uncle asked me if it came from them. Glad to finally have something worth putting my own reg back onto

B7003556-A6C9-4214-87D4-1799C82914B4_converted.jpg

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Awesome!! My favourite colour in them too.

Absolutely loved mine, was the best driving thing.

wbrown343

RMS Regular
OP
wbrown343
Drives
D2 S8
Cheers lads, its a proper wafter of a vehicle hope she's lucky for me! The colour combo sold me on it as its brown leather as well, will get a pic of it once I get round to doing a proper clean!

@PMC555 Its the 245 just, bi-turbos are about twice the price