Calling all mathematicians - Fuel Prices

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Has anyone managed to work out why the price of oil is $26.98 but 99% of petrol stations are still charging approx £1.20 per litre of fuel ^o)

Gangsters, should be crucified along with the £20 a pop hand sanitiser sellers!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Has anyone managed to work out why the price of oil is $26.98 but 99% of petrol stations are still charging approx £1.20 per litre of fuel ^o)

Gangsters, should be crucified along with the £20 a pop hand sanitiser sellers!

Heating oil is more expensive than when I got it in January or so too

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Because they are probably still getting through the tanks of fuel that cost them way more to fill.
Heating oil is more expensive than when I got it in January or so too
£225 for 600 litres locally there during the week.
£1.14 atm locally for fuel, but have seen a few stations offering fuel at £1/litre for NHS and emergency services staff

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Because they are probably still getting through the tanks of fuel that cost them way more to fill.

£225 for 600 litres locally there during the week.
£1.14 atm locally for fuel, but have seen a few stations offering fuel at £1/litre for NHS and emergency services staff

I need to call around and see this week,

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I need to call around and see this week,
£252 as of a couple of minutes ago - i'm sure there's cheaper out there though but that's £50 less and 100 litres more than our last delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 15.37.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 15.37.25.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 59

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I was working in Draperstown last week and they had derv at £1.28!....any wonder half the country is on red

RevT

RMS Regular

But when it goes up in price they raise the prices at the pump right away as it costs more to refill their stocks the next time.

Jecks

RMS Regular
Where is the government, I understand they should be busy with other things currently, but this has been going on forever.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
500 litres of heating oil - £200 delivered on Wednesday there.

Diesel is about £1.18 and petrol £1.09 with red coming in at £0.62 locally (Crossgar).

RevT

RMS Regular
There’s profit and there’s places taking the piss. If they were making profit at 1.20 a couple of months ago then why are they still at 1.20 now when the cost has decreased. Adjust their price to have the same margin.