Calling all mathematicians - Fuel Prices

ilovequo

RMS Regular
I paid £405 for 1000l about 4 weeks ago. Gonna hold off on the next full until it’s dropped back a bit

RevT

RMS Regular
I filled up with 1000L the other day for £351, should do me a year.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
There’s profit and there’s places taking the piss. If they were making profit at 1.20 a couple of months ago then why are they still at 1.20 now when the cost has decreased. Adjust their price to have the same margin.
As said above, they may still be using up the tanks of fuel bought at higher prices. They may also just be making the most of it whilst they can, knowing the next few months there's going to be a serious downturn in business.

RevT

RMS Regular
1000L bought on 03/04/19 and I wasn’t down to the same level again just yet but I just topped up with the same again so I’d say 1000L is doing me exactly one year at this rate. Need to get the boiler serviced again shortly though to try keep it as good as that.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
OP
Dervhead
Drives
SEAT
Probably more profit in a packet of paracetamol and bog roll than a litre of fuel.

I remember the profit being around 2p a litre about 20 years ago. No idea what it is now. But take that 2p then the 20p they aren’t passing on to the consumer, 22p x 60l, car after car, nice little earner...

On a side no I also purchased a tin of my favourite health drink (boost) from this garage, fecking 59p, boy must ask especially for non price marked cans, since when was boost 59p, he has another 10p added on to that as well and the shop was heaving... coining it in. Not happy making a profit, but feel the need to bog the arm in.

Last edited:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I remember the profit being around 2p a litre about 20 years ago. No idea what it is now. But take that 2p then the 20p they aren’t passing on to the consumer, 22p x 60l, car after car, nice little earner...

On a side no I also purchased a tin of my favourite health drink (boost) from this garage, fecking 59p, boy must ask especially for non price marked cans, since when was boost 59p Lol

Or buy a thousand liters to make 2p a litre only to be slagged off because you won't take a 18ppl loss on every litre until it's time to refill at the cheaper rate.

May as well close the doors

Dervhead

RMS Regular
OP
Dervhead
Drives
SEAT
Or buy a thousand liters to make 2p a litre only to be slagged off because you won't take a 18ppl loss on every litre until it's time to refill at the cheaper rate.

same boy doesn’t be long shifting a thousand litres I would say

RevT

RMS Regular

Did you not get my point earlier? I can appreciate where you’re coming from but as soon as the price for oil goes up, the price at the pumps go up. The retailers usually say ‘it has to be raised as the next order will be at the higher rate’ even though they’re putting out stuff that they’ve bought at the lower rate. However, if it’s the other way about they’ll say ‘we need to sell at the higher rate as that’s what we bought it at’. Shouldn’t work in their favour both ways.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Did you not get my point earlier? I can appreciate where you’re coming from but as soon as the price for oil goes up, the price at the pumps go up. The retailers usually say ‘it has to be raised as the next order will be at the higher rate’ even though they’re putting out stuff that they’ve bought at the lower rate. However, if it’s the other way about they’ll say ‘we need to sell at the higher rate as that’s what we bought it at’. Shouldn’t work in their favour both ways.
Oh I get it. I just don't get why you resent people trying to make a living a few pence at a time when no doubt there's a £500-1000 phone in your hand that cost about £20 to produce, yet it's the local people providing service, goods and employment taking the flack.

RevT

RMS Regular
You’ve never been more wrong, I like to see local people do well for themselves and I like to purchase local and see people be successful.

It’s more the Government that I resent when it comes to fuel prices but they are what they are. I just hate that the price jumps right away but never comes down. Especially when I do 25K+ miles per year.

scub

Banned
probably mentioned but can't be arsed reading back. -
go garages are 109 p/l atm.
& car hasn't exploded.. yet.
Oh I get it. I just don't get why you resent people trying to make a living a few pence at a time when no doubt there's a £500-1000 phone in your hand that cost about £20 to produce, yet it's the local people providing service, goods and employment taking the flack.
vat on fuel is only 12% & a garage makes very little per litre. hence they're all shops these days.