Can All-new Jimny Remain in a League of it's Own?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
could be all the dealers snapping them up pre-reg to get the sales up.
internal tactics.
they do it with every model.

its how cars get car of the year.

all BS
Nope, Japan genuinely can't make enough of them is the issue.

Dealers usually get 3 cars each, of their own, to showroom/demo etc, they are getting just one Jimny each... The amount of press cars is also tiny, and many of the cars we drove at the launch on 2018 plates, will now be dealer demo's rater than going to journalists...

Suzuki are one of the most transparent manufacturers i have ever dealt with and they have never found themselves in a position of forced waiting lists. Generally speaking, if you want a Suzuki, it will either be at the dealers or in a yard in the mainland meaning it's just days away...

Perhaps the July delivery mentioned above, is a cancelled customer order that the dealer will still bring in.

NotKG

Banned
iv owned a few sj models in the 3-4 year old bracket
new i got a ignis, an ignis sport, and a baleno days after launch.
going back a few years.
sort of went off them .
devaluation was horific

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
iv owned a few sj models in the 3-4 year old bracket
new i got a ignis, an ignis sport, and a baleno days after launch.
going back a few years.
sort of went off them .
devaluation was horific
With the majority of folk taking finance out now, manufacturers are able to control residual values more than ever before.

Ignis sport you say, a great car in their day!

NotKG

Banned
With the majority of folk taking finance out now, manufacturers are able to control residual values more than ever before.

Ignis sport you say, a great car in their day!
i (well the wife mainly) had the black sport with the full suzuki motorsport stickers up each side through the back windows. and across the bonnet. set of 19's on it too.

i killed it big style

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Huge waiting list in Japan too apparently. A colleague was trying to get hold of one and was told it would be around a year wait. The small dealer I visited in Himeji had two sitting for demo purposes. Auto and manual.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Roadside motors in Dollingstown have a black one as a demo by the looks of it. MXZ registered.

49898347_1979001868850013_3629381612912771072_n.jpg

49730772_1979001985516668_6085900149408661504_n.jpg

Last edited:

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
I've managed to secure one with a March delivery from Mid Ulster Cars in the exact spec I was after! Was told by Bangor and Belfast it would be a year!

Nice one. I drive past the white demo they have everyday and it always catches my eye. Cool little thing. What colour/spec did you go for?

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I got a drive in one last week. I thought it was a great wee thing. Really reminded me of the old SJ in character just a lot more modern. It really could do with a sixth gear though. Really tempted by one, maybe they will have got the supply sorted out by the time I am ready to buy.

NotKG

Banned
sz 4 _ £15.500 usually the base, tin wheels and trims, flat seats and sfa else
sz5 _ £18k... manual
sz5 _ £19k ... auto.

nice wee car, but ya can to a lot with £18k. yea, theres "money no object" people on here, im not one of them.

seen the bangor showroom model, i wouldnt pay £18k for it. not a chance.

iv had a few
heres one i preparred a few years ago. 8o|

suzuki4no reg.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
sz 4 _ £15.500 usually the base, tin wheels and trims, flat seats and sfa else
sz5 _ £18k... manual
sz5 _ £19k ... auto.

nice wee car, but ya can to a lot with £18k. yea, theres "money no object" people on here, im not one of them.

seen the bangor showroom model, i wouldnt pay £18k for it. not a chance.

iv had a few
heres one i preparred a few years ago. 8o|

View attachment 222974
Today though, it's not £18k, it's a couple of hundred quid a month, with a new Jimny every two years.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I thought £18k was a bit steep too - especially when the Vitara starts at a cheaper price. I just hope they sell well as @Coog says otherwise I haven't a hope of owning one.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I thought £18k was a bit steep too - especially when the Vitara starts at a cheaper price. I just hope they sell well as @Coog says otherwise I haven't a hope of owning one.

Don't forget the cheaper Vitara is only 2WD.

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
I wonder will they do a soft top variation at some point. I would still like an original soft top Jimny to rip about in, decent for summer, great in winter.