Can All-new Jimny Remain in a League of it's Own?

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The 1,200 units the UK was allocated for 2019 have already been spoken for so it’s welcoming to see the new mighty Jimny start off with a 12 month waiting list.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They’re a cool wee wagon. They are supposed to be good off-road too?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
The 1,200 units the UK was allocated for 2019 have already been spoken for so it’s welcoming to see the new mighty Jimny start off with a 12 month waiting list.
Try 600 units (year one) and an 18 month wait, it's going to hurt suzuki, unless they can get jimny customers into a vitara for a couple of years.

They had been selling around 1100/yr of the previous one, so with demand for the new one, and previous owners holding off their bi-annual jimny change, to get a new one, it's not good at all.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
They’re a cool wee wagon. They are supposed to be good off-road too?
They are absolutely outstanding off-road, I've had the previous one in places no Defender could dream of going...

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Slight side note long way to go to be longest production original beetle ran 1945-2003.
New jimny looks a lot nicer should fly
Should have worded better - it remained relatively unchanged, with the chassis being the same for that time, unlike other models who, as you have rightly said out produced

vtr_sean

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic 1.7derv
I may be wrong but as I no it the beetle chassis didn't change that much during that period. Few face lifts around 70s removing split screen, port hole rear window and light changes but i would have been comfortably sure you could reshell a 1945 onto a 2003 chassis. Another notable mention for long runner is the Citroen 2cv ran from 40s to 90s with minimal changes. Apologies kinda ocd on these things

DC52TES

RMS Regular
Went to get the wife one, she absolutely loved it... until she seen the boot and was told it could take a year to get one ffs plus the sales guy in Bangor was a complete mong.

NotKG

Banned
i had the sj413, black soft top with a big purple stripe down the doors.
the one after the samuri with the 'corrected' suspension.
my dad has 23acres of hills that i plowed the crap out of with it.
great fun.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I really love the look of them, can't wait to see some of the Kahn/Urban type crowds get their hands on them.

One trip up the motorway and they'll be trading it back in. Should be good quarry fodder in 10/15 years time. Will just about be the only useable 4*4 by that stage.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Seen a white one sitting at Mid Ulster Cars Suzuki (TJ Hamiltons) - cool little thing, really caught my eye.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Stopped at Roadside Dollingstown this evening to look round their Black one. I really like it. A couple out for a walk came over to look round it too. Very eye catching. The blocky design certainly stands out against modern curves and swoops.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
20190106_165148.jpg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Went to get the wife one, she absolutely loved it... until she seen the boot and was told it could take a year to get one ffs plus the sales guy in Bangor was a complete mong.

A customer of mine test drove one at the weekend and has been promised a delivery date of July which is odd if this years allocation is already gone.