Can anybody give me an estimation what the following will cost?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Putting this up on behalf of a friend who was just quoted £500 so he is hoping taking it to a local mechanic will be cheaper but wants to know if it will be cheaper by much or he will just take it to Seat if there isn't much of a saving.

Car is a 2011 Seat Ibiza 1.6 Tdi

Car needs a timing belt changed and CV boot replaced.

Cheers

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Should be in around £300.... all depends on parts.... that would probably be using a good quality timing kit with pump, genuine parts for them aren't exactly cheap some of the genuine kits are about £250 alone..... I've known of people saying they fit the genuine kits and all they've done is a belt!!,

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Should be in around £300.... all depends on parts.... that would probably be using a good quality timing kit with pump, genuine parts for them aren't exactly cheap some of the genuine kits are about £250 alone..... I've known of people saying they fit the genuine kits and all they've done is a belt!!,

That's the thing, price depends greatly on the sort of parts being fitted, so many people don't take that into consideration and just go with whoever quotes the lowest price!

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Refreshing this topic.
Our Dec 2012 A4 Avant is currently on 77k miles. We plan on keeping it for the foreseeable, so ive been enquiring about what I should be doing in terms of maintenance.
Im told 5 years or 140k for the timing kit by Audi. To include the belt, water pump and tensioner £475 at Audi. Is this a fair price?
I haven't checked any independent places as ive no previous experience of any. Ideally if its during the week id need a courtesy car as its Mrs CRs daily.

Any suggestions?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Go with this guy............ Gentleman, Scholar and connoisseur of fine fortified wines! :p

Seriously though, I give him first shout for all my work these days.
Thanks for the recommendation!!

Yeah, I work Saturdays from the house if you want to PM me details of the car I can quote you a price for the work.

Andy

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Refreshing this topic.
Our Dec 2012 A4 Avant is currently on 77k miles. We plan on keeping it for the foreseeable, so ive been enquiring about what I should be doing in terms of maintenance.
Im told 5 years or 140k for the timing kit by Audi. To include the belt, water pump and tensioner £475 at Audi. Is this a fair price?
I haven't checked any independent places as ive no previous experience of any. Ideally if its during the week id need a courtesy car as its Mrs CRs daily.

Any suggestions?

Probably not bad for a price at Audi to be honest.

There are other places mentioned in a thread in Car Chat today, but can't see anywhere but Audi doing a courtesy car.

Reactions: CR

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Cost me £220 for the Passat for a timing belt and water pump kit fitted. That was genuine belts but not genuine pump.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.