Can someone do me an HPI check ?

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
HPi will flag up any write off on any previous plates.

Your HPi report will tell you what vehicle it relates to.

Dexter mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
Orion ghia, XR3i
I've had an issue before when a private plate that was on the car for a while ends up written off on another car, it flagged up as written off but you have to look closely at the small print where it will say a previous registration but when your trying to sell a car people get suspicious and it's a headache.

I sold it car to a woman and a few weeks later she rang me shouting and cursing down the phone she had taken the car to a main dealer and as she was leaving some idiot came running out saying that car shouldn't be on the road its cat B but in small writing it said a plate previously attached to the car, would she listen? No.1

She left the car and got a taxi home, got the usual my kids were in that car etc

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Bit late but I'd definitely use vCheck

Some shocking stuff on there

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Glad it ended well. But what a journey, was it good or whatever lol.

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Head was melted. I swear with buying/selling/looking for cars these last few months has been a hassle. I don't know how people can be bothered changing so often.
Lol, try selling a cheap car on gumtree, so many dickheads asking so many stupid questions. Ffs yes it's got 6 cylinders because it's got a v6 engine.
Yes it's hard to sell on the likes of gumtree because some of them have no concept of the English vocabulary ffs.
Or the cash tonight mate crowd, maybe if you talk to me like your an actual human being, I'll reply in the same way.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Lol, try selling a cheap car on gumtree, so many dickheads asking so many stupid questions. Ffs yes it's got 6 cylinders because it's got a v6 engine.
Yes it's hard to sell on the likes of gumtree because some of them have no concept of the English vocabulary ffs.
Or the cash tonight mate crowd, maybe if you talk to me like your an actual human being, I'll reply in the same way.
In fairness the guy who bought my car asked me the following during the course of 3 months.
- is the car service folder a 330s one or leather/suade ?
-are these the keys (sends a pic of keys)
- what size is the steering wheel, I'm buying a lock. (Bought it 2months before even committing to buying my car)
- is this a common fault (sends me a link to a newage Subaru owner asking on a forum what the switch on the top of the steering column is for)
There were many many more but its all on FB messenger and I literally can't scroll back far enough it went on so long. I genuinely didn't believe he'd show up till i picked him up at the airport. Not once did he ask if there was rust, dents, scrapes, ever been hit . . . .and he was coming from England. But at least he knew the service folder was leather.

As for the gumtree crowd, I asked a guy selling a set of wheels for pics of all 4 as he only had one in the ad "No, come see them" was the reply.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Just paid £9.99 for a HPI from vCheck (cheers for the heads up on them) and it seems that a car I'm about to buy has outstanding finance, even though the sales guy I've been dealing with said it was hpi cleared. I called the finance company (BMW) using the details on the vCheck report and they confirmed that there is indeed outstanding finance on the vehicle :mad:

Just sent an email to the dealer, am awaiting their response with interest...

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Just paid £9.99 for a HPI from vCheck (cheers for the heads up on them) and it seems that a car I'm about to buy has outstanding finance, even though the sales guy I've been dealing with said it was hpi cleared. I called the finance company (BMW) using the details on the vCheck report and they confirmed that there is indeed outstanding finance on the vehicle :mad:

Just sent an email to the dealer, am awaiting their response with interest...

It could possibly be stock financing, but a proper HPi check from HPi would show that. Always worth getting the report directly from HPi themselves rather than a 3rd Party.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
It could possibly be stock financing, but a proper HPi check from HPi would show that. Always worth getting the report directly from HPi themselves rather than a 3rd Party.

The dealer got back to me - they've only had the car in stock less than a week (true I believe) and the finance is still to be paid off, but will be. And relax...

If buying cars is a pain in the hole, I can only begin to imagine what it is like to be selling them for a living!

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
The dealer got back to me - they've only had the car in stock less than a week (true I believe) and the finance is still to be paid off, but will be. And relax...

If buying cars is a pain in the hole, I can only begin to imagine what it is like to be selling them for a living!

Amen brother - feel your pain! I'm fed up of looking at stuff and even after doing basic/free checks finding issues - this was the best gem I've uncovered so far this week...

IMG_20191212_160934.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Can someone do this for me again? Cant believe it's only a year since last time :laughing:
I'd send a few quid on PayPal rather than pay another site only to get a bum steer like last time.