Can someone explain why Supercar Blondie is a thing?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
It's like that one I posted the other day, Sarah N Tuned.....the height of stupidity doing some sort of reviews, but scary that car makers or whatever actually give her cars to video.
Ill admit i was quick to judge her but despite her reviews which I don't really like, she definitely knows her way around a car and seems capable of tackling any job that a professional mechanic would do. She used to be a in the air force as a technician so she definitely has plenty of knowledge and ability. The car wizard was also ex military and he knows his stuff too. being a blonde annoying entitled tw@t with clearly not even the first clue of what she's doing is at the opposite end of the scale.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I see her videos pop up on my suggested videos but always ignore them, same reason I ignore Shmee and the other supercar reviewers

Once you seen one you’ve seen them all and none of them saying a bad word in case they pissf Ferrari off and don’t get the lend of a car to review in future.

Then they all follow the same formula with their personal cars
  • I’ve just bought a new car you will never guess what it is
  • I have just got my new car detailed
  • I take my new car on a road trip
  • I wrap my new car a different colour
  • I am selling my new car
And then the cycle repeats itself.

I’d rather watch a few Irish lads rip apart a twin cam in a shed

The supercar stuff doesn’t appeal to me, the latest show off toy for the rich. No thanks

The reason I think Car Throttle numbers are constantly rising is due to them doing stuff with normal cars we can relate to

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I do find the small bit of her videos I've watched pretty dreadful. But guess what, I don't watch them after realising theyre crap.

Most if not all of the supercar spotter/review type of videos are cringe inducing ***** about cars I have no interest in. The Harrys Garage video with the new Gordan Murray car was a refreshing exception.

Finnegans Garage and Hydraulic Press Channel are the ticket. There are plenty of good videos on youtube to watch still!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ill admit i was quick to judge her but despite her reviews which I don't really like, she definitely knows her way around a car and seems capable of tackling any job that a professional mechanic would do. She used to be a in the air force as a technician so she definitely has plenty of knowledge and ability. The car wizard was also ex military and he knows his stuff too. being a blonde annoying entitled tw@t with clearly not even the first clue of what she's doing is at the opposite end of the scale.

The one video I watched of her...she really didn't seem technically minded one bit, lots of gibberish.

But these "youtubers" even like that local lad, seem to be making plenty of money from it all somehow ! There is a talent in there somewhere.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Once you seen one you’ve seen them all and none of them saying a bad word in case they pissf Ferrari off and don’t get the lend of a car to review in future.

They seem to have massive form for this, remember them blacklisting Chris Harris (amongst numerous others) for a few years when he dared to criticise them. Think they kissed and made up, then Lamborghini and him fell out :joy:

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I do find the small bit of her videos I've watched pretty dreadful. But guess what, I don't watch them after realising theyre crap.

Most if not all of the supercar spotter/review type of videos are cringe inducing ***** about cars I have no interest in. The Harrys Garage video with the new Gordan Murray car was a refreshing exception.

Finnegans Garage and Hydraulic Press Channel are the ticket. There are plenty of good videos on youtube to watch still!

I would throw in Jay Leno, I love his Youtube channel. A true passionate enthusiast who isn't into willy waving despite his wealth and massive car collection, he'll test drive a 30yr old modded GTR one day and a Porsche 918 the next and be equally enthused by both

Also enjoy these German guys (AutoTop NL) who do the Autobahn top speed runs. Little repetitive at times but it's cool to see the kind of figures they're getting out of modded stuff like 700bhp M5s versus standard hypercars.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Just looked at AutoTopNL there, doing serious speed in an RS7. All I can say is OMG...get your hand of the bloody gearstick you’re driving an automatic!

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Just looked at AutoTopNL there, doing serious speed in an RS7. All I can say is OMG...get your hand of the bloody gearstick you’re driving an automatic!

I still do that occasionally :joy: after years of driving manuals I think it's just muscle memory or habit

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
237E86AF-D497-453B-95CA-DE5F1AB006AA.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Gaz - i want to like Leno but I just can't stand him. I find the way he talks just boring and dry :confounded: maybe need to give him another chance as I am listening to a lot of car podcasts at the minute on my commute and interested to hear new stuff

Reactions: Gaz

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Cant stand SCB's videos ... shes a complete melter.

Regardless of looks, her whole demeanour and personality just screams trying too hard and annoying, but evidence that people will watch anything.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
She just posted this on insta, doing something right it seems anyway. Would love to see the figures on income per area/country/zone

5394CAA5-5E79-4249-9062-370F318B3718.png

-Pete-

RMS Regular
just looks like those who follow her are watching her stuff on repeat and shes lost 25% of her followers... That wont matter to her as watch time is up which is getting her the ad revenue etc.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Her advertising bill must be huge.. I'd widely speculate that most of those views are from paid adverts people click on and then immediately off.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Car Throttle deserve their views, they are a lot more open and honest than the likes of Schmee, who perpetuates the myth to young people that he makes enough from social media to maintain the lifestyle he shows off and denies been old money. A raft of others are the same, funny none of them sound like they are from the east end, or Barnsley, or Hull etc.

Just like a load of them.

Chrisfix is great also, he has such enthusiasm and seems genuinely likeable.

I like carwow, as the Formula is so simple.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
As cringy as Mat from carwow is, I love his videos. Seems like a real dead on fella

markmeus

RMS Regular
Carthrottle is great these days, kinda reminds me of the stupid top gear challanges before their egos got the better of them.
For the mechanical side of things I've recent discovered saving salvage, and have enjoyed watching him tear apart a flood damaged RS4.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I dont know, I find car throttle hard to watch.

Re. the likes of Schmee, again not a fan mostly because I have zero interest in the cars. But clearly puts the work in, who cares if there is family money there. Certainly people can make a lot of money from YouTube but if they think its a case of firing a video up a week they are idiots.

Hoonigan build videos are good. They are on the right side of being shouty Americans and generally quite likeable bunch. The videos early on during lockdown of Scotto exploring the Peterson museum were very good too.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Goonzquad
VTuned
Bad Obsession Motorsport
Juicebox
MCM
Skid Factory
Black Smoke Racing
Bennys Custom Works

Thats the only ones I watch.
Tried to watch B is for Build but it was gash

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Carwow
Donut Media
Cars with Luke (sometimes but mainly for the scenery as he lives in my dream place in the swiss/french alps)
Carfection (IMO one of the best for car reviews)

And thats it really

I subscribe to the following but only watch a few if I find the title interesting:

Top Gear
Chris Harris on Cars (When he ever uploads something new)
DriveTribe
The Drive
Car Throttle
Evo

sc_evo

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Couple of pints in ye and you would def be looking to get your fingers wet but her videos are shockingly crap.