Can you still send logbook to Coleraine?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Wondering if this can still be done.

Sold a car and the logbook is a red V5C and says send to DVA at Colraine.

Can that be done or is it an out of date book and needs to be sent to Swansea?

Cheers

KevM

RMS Regular
Of course you can chance sending it to Coleraine, but you know it’s wrong, so why risk it?

Best case is you don’t have to write Swansea and an SA99 post code on the envelope,

Worst case is, the V5 gets lost, notification doesn’t happen and you get into a handling over an un-taxed, uninsured driver staging about getting points and fines in a car you are the registered keeper of.

Your post took 8 times longer to type than typing DVA Swansea into google and writing an envelope

👍🏻

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Applied for a tax book about 3 weeks ago and still waiting on word from Swansea. Not sure if this takes normal than usual or if it's been lost :/

KevM

RMS Regular
Applied for a tax book about 3 weeks ago and still waiting on word from Swansea. Not sure if this takes normal than usual or if it's been lost :/

If they don’t have disposal, they have to write to the previous keeper, who then has (I think) 28 days to reply. If they don’t bother, it is assumed that the V5 can be issued. It can take up to 6 weeks if the previous guy doesn’t reply

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Ahh, makes sense. I bought the bike off a fella and it had been lying dormant for 15+ years. Only when I got it home I'd noticed the steering lock was broke and the ignition was bust... hmm. So before I touch it I thought it would be best to apply for the tax book in case it comes back stolen or written off.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Ahh, makes sense. I bought the bike off a fella and it had been lying dormant for 15+ years. Only when I got it home I'd noticed the steering lock was broke and the ignition was bust... hmm. So before I touch it I thought it would be best to apply for the tax book in case it comes back stolen or written off.

An HPI check before you purchasing would have answered your concerns.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
it was just a frame and a few bits attached to it, can you do an HPI check off a frame number/chassis number?

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Think coleraine only deal with licensing now. I didn’t realise they did anything at all and sent my license to Swansea when changing address. They wrote back to me to say they had forwarded it to coleraine.

I also got my new tax book in less than a week and that was me sending the old one of by post as well.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Hi All, didn't think starting a new thread was necessary.

Trading the wife's car into SERE, the plate the car came with is EXZ 5225, which her Dad wants to keep and put on his car. This was the first registration for the car, can I still use the Take a plate off service below okay?

I'm assuming a new NI reg will be generated/provided once it goes through, or else it just won't work and I'll have to send a form away.
Has anyone done this recently? Any idea on timelines to the new V5 to arrive?
Also a bit of a handling not knowing what plate will go on it until it's done. Or are both plates legit on the car until the retention cert comes for EXZ?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Hi All, didn't think starting a new thread was necessary.

Trading the wife's car into SERE, the plate the car came with is EXZ 5225, which her Dad wants to keep and put on his car. This was the first registration for the car, can I still use the Take a plate off service below okay?

I'm assuming a new NI reg will be generated/provided once it goes through, or else it just won't work and I'll have to send a form away.
Has anyone done this recently? Any idea on timelines to the new V5 to arrive?
Also a bit of a handling not knowing what plate will go on it until it's done. Or are both plates legit on the car until the retention cert comes for EXZ?

Handy done, online form filled in, £80 paid and new plate show and certificate to get new plates pdf provided. Can either put new plates on now, or wait until the new V5C comes in 3-5 days Happy days.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Ok, rather than start a new thread…

Feeling a bit silly here having just posted a V5 re change of ownership to Coleraine instead of Swansea.
Anyone done this recently, do they forward it on?