Cannonball Ireland 2013.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
This years Cannonball is being held between 23rd - 25th August.
After doing most of the event last year and assisting on an organisational role I can honestly say it is a fantastic weekends fun.
A few RMS members were with us on the Saturday morning run from Belfast to Fermanagh for lunch as well as the night out on the Friday in Belfast and im sure as they will confirm the bug bit hard :cool: Cooper Graham

Anyone from here planning on doing it this year?

logo.png

_DSC2172.jpg

1.jpg

What is Cannonball Ireland?

CANNONBALL is a unique three-day road trip around Ireland, taking a different route each year. Now in its fifth year, over a half a million excited fans have witnessed the crazy Cannonball convoy of cars pass through their town, city or bend in the road, and over 160 gleaming supercars, wacky fun cars and monster wheels have taken part. It's not only the vehicles that add colour: our Canonballers have a penchant for dressing up – we call it the motorised masquerade! Check out our photo and video galleries here. But to really feel the buzz, you have to be there.

Remember The Cannonball Run? The crazy and chaotic road race across America that was the subject of the cult Cannonball movie series? Remember the colourful characters, the hilarious encounters and the over-riding sense of fun that surrounded the whole madcap movie trilogy?

Well, that's the spirit of Alan Bannon's Cannonball Ireland events. The only differences are that Alan’s Cannonball event criss-crosses Ireland; it's not a race but an organised road trip; and it's decidedly legal and above board! But it's a wild and wonderful adventure and there are many opportunities to get your pulse rate going.

It's not just for fun, however. Each year, a children's charity benefits from the net profits of the event. For details of this year's charity and the event's charitable work, click here.

Imagine a three-day party devoted to cool cars – driving cars, looking at cars, talking about cars – while touring through some of Ireland’s most beautiful landscapes and most lively towns and cities. Imagine feeling like a mega star as you drive your special car in the Cannonball convoy through towns and villages with thousands of spectators cheering, clapping, taking photos and asking for your autograph.

Imagine being wrapped up in that world-famous Irish welcome, on a trip that is so well organised you have to worry about nothing but enjoying yourself, and that comes easily. Stop imagining and click here to book your place on this year's run.

The best thing about Cannonball Ireland?

Don't forget that the net profits from the event make a difference to sick children’s lives and that our chosen charity benefits from enormous profile-building publicity.
This years chosen charity is for the second year

lauralynn.jpg

Day one route:
From Mondello to Cork
  • Mondello, Naas, Co. Kildare
  • Abbeyleix
  • Ballymaloe
  • Cork
2013day1.jpg

Day two route:
From Cork to Limerick

• Cork
  • Bantry
  • Kenmare
  • Limerick
2013day2.jpg

Day three route:
From Limerick to Tullamore

• Limerick
  • Killaloe
  • Cashel
  • Tullamore
2013day3.jpg

CANNONBALL 2013 consists of 3 action packed days taking in some of Ireland’s most scenic routes. On day one, the cars will leave Mondello Race Track in Naas, Co Kildare at 1pm and arrive in Abbeyleix in county Laois for a lunch stop. The next CANNONBALL pitstop is Ballymaloe House in Middleton before the gleaming convoy arrives in Cork at 6.45pm and makes its way through Patrick St, which will be closed for the event, to the Port of Cork with a reception at Gatley’s Boardwalk Bar and Grill.
On Saturday August 24th, CANNONBALL leaves Cork at 10.30am to take in a stunning drive through Bantry, Kenmare and Killarney and arrives to Limerick at 5pm.

On Sunday morning Cannonballers will leave Limerick at 10am and go to Killaloe for a very special Gathering of the 'Men of the Water'. From there the cars will move on to Cashel in Tipperary at 1pm where they will close a Cannonball Festival before descending on Tullamore in County Offaly at 6pm for the finish line with the 2FM Roadcaster where the roars of the engines will compete with a cheering crowd of over 10,000 people and a 2 day music festival.

It's good fun for a good cause. It's four-wheeled masterpieces and their roaring melody. The most prestigious and unique cars of the world roll through breath-taking landscapes and the charming cities and towns of Ireland, making this the most memorable motorised masquerade you have ever seen.

We talk about the Cannonball 'buzz', a concept impossible to define. The closest thing to it is camaraderie but infused with adrenaline and the secure knowledge that you are going to have a blast for three full days. It is matchless and unmissable.
  • 3 action-packed days
  • 150 supercars
  • 400 colourful Cannonballers
  • 1000 kilometres of fun
  • 3 nights' accommodation in 4* hotels
  • All meals and lively entertainment
  • 10s of thousands of spectators
  • The Cannonball 'Buzz'
Entry fee is €1800.00 EURO which includes all of the above plus most importantly some of this goes to the Laura lynn charity.
On the Saturday evening last year at the gala ball we were all shown a video by the founding members of Laura lynn and I can tell you there was not a dry eye in the house. The work these people do is amazing so I am glad they stand to benefit again this year.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
The partying craic food and cars were awsome last year. Cant see me doing any of it though this year as its all a bit far away and im skint lol

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Im dying to do do something like this! is it 1800 euro per person or per car/team?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
As the entry fee includes hotels and grub I would assume it's per person

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
Nope, entry fee is based on a car with two people and includes all required for two people so €900 EURO which is £780 STG or thereabouts each if you split it.

LINK HERE TO REGISTER WHICH SHOWS PRICE

Best bit about it is that although there is a massive spectrum of cars no one has a higher station than anyone else. I duuno maybe its whole Irish hospitality thing but on other runs like this there is a hierarchy whereby those is lets say 'lesser' vehicles feel somewhat alienated but that most certainly does not apply with this. Its a great crowd who have epic fun for three days and nights and honesty the craic is super both on and off the road.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Nope, entry fee is based on a car with two people and includes all required for two people so €900 EURO which is £780 STG or thereabouts each if you split it.

LINK HERE TO REGISTER WHICH SHOWS PRICE

Best bit about it is that although there is a massive spectrum of cars no one has a higher station than anyone else. I duuno maybe its whole Irish hospitality thing but on other runs like this there is a hierarchy whereby those is lets say 'lesser' vehicles feel somewhat alienated but that most certainly does not apply with this. Its a great crowd who have epic fun for three days and nights and honesty the craic is super both on and off the road.
Last year the wee suzuki cappuccino turbo got pushed along the coast roaf by my astra and chatting to the lads at titanic was fierce banter saying they couldnt understand a derv estate going do hard lol

Then I told them I couldnt believe a hairdresser could drive so hard and it was like chatting with a good mate lol

bob

RMS Regular
Great thing to do for charity, something I'd definately like to do in the future.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Great fun last year just a shame none of it is in the north this year, although they are bringing in a decent route around Cork etc.

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
Great fun last year just a shame none of it is in the north this year, although they are bringing in a decent route around Cork etc.

Next year Cooper ;)

Had a good chat today about it and I must say it sounds like its going to be fantastic

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Unfortunately wouldnt be able to afford it in such short notice but will get saving for next year :grinning:

Gze3

RMS Member
Drives
EP3 Civic
Would do it from belfast to Fermanagh but the trek down round the south and the €1800 price tag is a bit much

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.