Car Dryers

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Guy's anyone have first hand experience with the air dryers? Like Blo or BigBoi or are they literally glorified Dog Dryers?

Want first hand experience if possible. It's for Motorcycles btw not cars.

Thanks

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
The BLO ones getting great reviews, looking into one atm myself. Pet heated ones online seem decent bang for your buck, but alot of reviews say you'll be using it for a while trying to dry the car with one some saying 30-45 mins. I've no experience just reading online reviews on them. Davy at procar has offers on blo currently too.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I have the big Blo air gt, fantastic, 26ft long hose when it’s running so just set it at the back of the car and walk round it, you do need to really hold it though lol
They need the heat function to work so the colder the ambient air the less effective and longer to dry it is, I’ve not touch dried a car in years!
I did try one of the amazon pet dryer ones, didn’t like it, not nearly in the same league, sold mine very quickly, probably ok for bikes though

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Haven't used mine yet, but have used my friends, brilliant on the bike and for places where water lies in a car like the wing mirrors

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
If it’s for motorbikes, a smaller sidekick one would do the job, I use one for the car, all the awkward areas etc. Makes it so much easier. And it’s fairly lasted, 2 years, multiple times a week.

MarkM

RMS Regular
If it’s for motorbikes, a smaller sidekick one would do the job, I use one for the car, all the awkward areas etc. Makes it so much easier. And it’s fairly lasted, 2 years, multiple times a week.

Sidekick blaster is a great shout, I used one on the car regularly, easy to handle and store (y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I use the blow gun on the compressor for drying when I wash the bike. Gets water out of everywhere.

Last edited:

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader

here is the link, if its for bikes mainly go for the smaller dryer and it comes with 5m hose, and you can change from cold to warm air, rrp £149, I can do at £135. I have few small left.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
100% get on from ProCar.

I have an old metro blaster 4bhp one which is fantastic but if in the market for another, I’d be buying a blo due to being able to adjust to air flow rate

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have an Aeolus Pet Dryer, it heats the air and can adjust air flow. Cost just over £100 from memory and has been excellent drying 2 or 3 cars per week.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
OP
S2K-Aaron
Drives
Daily Hack
Thanks for all the Advice!

Tbh the only thing that I'm put off with on the Blo is it doesn't look particularly sturdy.

My Aunt has a pet dryer that looks exactly the same as it only white and it feels cheap to be quite honest.

The BigBoi Mini looks and sounds more robust tbh. I'm hopefully getting to see one of them in the next couple of weeks and will make my mind up then. Maybe take a trip to Procar for a look too.

Cheers!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@ChrisL recently bought a blo so he’d be able to give you impartial advice

my metro vac gets death, falls over, trailed, etc... I’m not careless with it, just what happens and it’s never failed a beat. Bought a dolly for it so it just follows behind me. @Carson has one too.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
When I spoke to the guys at the most recent PMG day, they felt that using the di vessel was better than a blowing drying aid.
Both together are the perfect combination, but for the same money they'd rate the di vessel above the blower.
That's right @big_pete , isn't it?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Love mine ... Literally effortless to dry a whole car. I bought the bigger version that @Davey@Procar sells and have used it a number of times already ... Good value too compared to the others in the range

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thanks for all the Advice!

Tbh the only thing that I'm put off with on the Blo is it doesn't look particularly sturdy.

My Aunt has a pet dryer that looks exactly the same as it only white and it feels cheap to be quite honest.

The BigBoi Mini looks and sounds more robust tbh. I'm hopefully getting to see one of them in the next couple of weeks and will make my mind up then. Maybe take a trip to Procar for a look too.

Cheers!

pretty sturdy to me, especially the hose. If you want to see mine, I’m in Antrim, just let me know......I also have a sidekick blaster to try(y)

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Any reasons why a battery leaf blower wouldn't be good for this job? Just thinking about two jobs for the price of one, especially if you can share the battery system, like Dewalt, Makita, etc. Just buy the naked blower if you have the charger and batteries.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
I have a McAllister leaf blower from B&Q, use it on the mountain bikes and now my motorbike and it seems to do the job ok. Probably not as good as the purpose built ones but ok for me. I was using my Karcher Wet n Dry vacuum blower previously to get water out of the shock linkages, headset, bottom bracket and all the other wee nooks & crannies it wasn't bad

brendy

RMS Regular
Just bought a Ryobi blower with the fine outlet tip, chose this as I already have Ryobi batteries, 43 quid, if it doesnt do a good job I can still use it round the garden and kids bedrooms.
download.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
Any reasons why a battery leaf blower wouldn't be good for this job? Just thinking about two jobs for the price of one, especially if you can share the battery system, like Dewalt, Makita, etc. Just buy the naked blower if you have the charger and batteries.

tried that, unimpressed, needs to be filtered and heated to do a proper job imo, also the leaf blower is a bit awkward in someplaces