Car failed MOT due to rear brake imbalance, got it fixed, is it likely to pass?

rogue_motor5

Hi,

Got my car MOTd the other day and it failed due to an imbalance on the rear brakes, as can be seen below.

In the second image is a print out of a brake test I got done by mechanic after getting the rear brakes fixed. He says they are okay and are likely to pass the MOT retest and I’m just wanting a second opinion, based on that, does it look like the car will pass ok?

8DEC545A-A6C3-4F97-8B05-63A06D8CF216.jpeg

82AF720F-99A9-47FF-9A1B-9C3B94F5C10A.jpeg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
No guarantees when it come to MOT testing. Only one way to find out.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
I'd have your 2nd test sheet to hand when at the retest, least you could show that and if they still say it's still off a bit they might take pity and wave you on given the effort was made.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'd have your 2nd test sheet to hand when at the retest, least you could show that and if they still say it's still off a bit they might take pity and wave you on given the effort was made.
Where you getting your MOTs done, because I want to go there too!
If it fails their test, nothing will change the testers mind.

All rolling roads calibrated or not will get different results, chances are it will pass, but nothing guaranteed.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Mine failed on a weak handbrake on one side, 0.50kn and the other side is 1.11. Tested it myself today and it feels grand, one locks before the other one but both lock up.

Oil the mechanism up, tighten the cable and according to my calibrated metal bar both are now tight as ****. Just to sort out the rest of the list