Car finance signing the agreement.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
So the issue isn't that the dealer has "signed" the finance agreement for you, its that you've bought the wrong car. When you were finalising the deal and knew that finance was being put in place did the dealer not mention anything at all about signing the agreement? Surely you can't have thought you were financing a car without signing anything?
Read what I said. I signed nothing and I wasn't asked to sign anything. I can't be any more clear.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Trying to return the car on a signature technicality because you've decided it isn't for you is a bit remiss in my book, unfortunately this seems to happen a lot as my family - who run a garage - often have to deal with people realising days and weeks down the line that the vehicle they bought suddenly isn't 'suitable' for them. It's amazing how many think they can just return the car after having used it a fair bit. At least you've only had it a few days, I've seen cases where it has been weeks or months.

Surely when you purchase anything that costs thousands, you fully assess it's suitability before signing up for years of finance payments?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Bit of a low action trying to get out of the deal on a technicality because you have now decided that the car isn't suitable in my opinion. Surely if you had concerns about the signatures not being done by you personally, you would have raised this at the time with the salesperson when you read through the finance paperwork and/or when collecting the car?

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
Just spoke to citizens advice and the finance company they told me the dealer has committed fraud and to contact the police. So it must have a been a big issue. Thanks for everyone's advice.

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
Trying to return the car on a signature technicality because you've decided it isn't for you is a bit remiss in my book, unfortunately this seems to happen a lot as my family - who run a garage - often have to deal with people realising days and weeks down the line that the vehicle they bought suddenly isn't 'suitable' for them. It's amazing how many think they can just return the car after having used it a fair bit. At least you've only had it a few days, I've seen cases where it has been weeks or months.

Surely when you purchase anything that costs thousands, you fully assess it's suitability before signing up for years of finance payments?
So it's okay in your book for a dealer to fraudulently sign a document. Ffs wise up

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Next time I would advise making sure the car is suitable before you commit to buying it

Then make sure you understand how you’ve paid for the car before you leave in it

You have found a technicality for your own buyers remorse here

The dealer did do something wrong but you’ve admitted yourself this isn’t actually the reason you don’t want the car and just happens to be giving you a get out clause for your own poor decision making

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
So I'm wrong in trying to return something that I bought that turned out to be unsuitable for my needs.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
So I'm wrong in trying to return something that I bought that turned out to be unsuitable for my needs.
Whilst the dealer may have been in the wrong by signing the finance paperwork.

You should of made sure what you were buying and signing up to finance for was suitable for your needs. That's why you get a good test drive before buying and see that the car is what you want/need.

I have bought a car before (new Golf R) that I didn't gel with after a few months but I sold it and took the hit as I made the decision to buy it in the first place. It wasn't the dealers fault for selling me something I didn't like.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Surprised they don't want it back given the market currently and that you've offered some money as well. Unless it's not enough to cover their costs.

Try We Buy Any Car or another dealer? You might not lose too much on it. Plus saves going down this technicality route, which may not end up with the car going back anyway.

I'm sure we've all bought cars we instantly (or fairly quickly) regretted - I know I have lol

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
Can I ask how that is relevant to your original question on the first post?to know the answer

Yeah, but you dont get someone sacked and possibly a Criminal record over a bit of Buyers remorse....
Would it not have been easier for the guy to take the car back.I offered to pay any money the guy needed for the hassle but he said no.What would you do?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Would it not have been easier for the guy to take the car back.I offered to pay any money the guy needed for the hassle but he said no.What would you do?
Honestly I would have made sure the car was suitable for my needs before even looking at finance or figures. It didn't magically change size or the number of doors didn't alter.
Did it not seem odd at the time that you didn't physically commit to any paper work, sign or electronically sign paperwork? Or pay any deposit or give any banking details?
Its not like a pair of trousers that didn't fit you, its a car, and why should a dealer have to deal with a buy back because the car doesn't suit you? I think theres quite a lot we aren't being told or at least not told the right way of things.
The last 4 cars I've taken on finance, I've had to electronically sign documents, review documents, speak to a business manager on at least 2 separate occasions each time as well as getting email copies of all finance documents, so "finance" didn't come as a surprise.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

The problem is that it is entirely two separate wrongs that don’t unfortunately cancel each other out.

The dealer shouldn’t have done that, huge no no, but it wasn’t with ill intention. Doesn’t make it right either so no excusing it.

The second wrong is just wanting to return a car just because you don’t like it. It isn’t a T-shirt 😂

If you bought a house and didn’t like it you couldn’t just hand it back lol

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
Aye a pair of jeans or something, not a car 😂
And why did you return the jeans?
The problem is that it is entirely two separate wrongs that don’t unfortunately cancel each other out.

The dealer shouldn’t have done that, huge no no, but it wasn’t with ill intention. Doesn’t make it right either so no excusing it.

The second wrong is just wanting to return a car just because you don’t like it. It isn’t a T-shirt 😂

If you bought a house and didn’t like it you couldn’t just hand it back lol
I didn't try to return it because I didn't like it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.