Car finance signing the agreement.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
What are you on about.
Pretty much what I've written.
You are getting defensive and hostile to anyone who sees that this scenario is iffy and not really helping your cause. Personally I don't give a **** because I own any mistakes I make, I don't try and find a way to weasel out of them to someone elses detriment.
None of your concern.
See? Can't even give that information without being ignorant.

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
I'm not asking you to give a **** you are the one that took the time to reply.I came on this forum to ask fellow car owners for a bit of advice.I made a misjudgement when I picked the car that I did and you think that something iffy is going on.

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
I stand by my point - you made a poor decision and now don’t want to own that decision

Luckily for you there is a get out clause this time, next time spend some time making the decision properly before committing to buying a car
Thank you for your advice.

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
Pretty much what I've written.
You are getting defensive and hostile to anyone who sees that this scenario is iffy and not really helping your cause. Personally I don't give a **** because I own any mistakes I make, I don't try and find a way to weasel out of them to someone elses detriment.

See? Can't even give that information without being ignoran

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
So it's okay in your book for a dealer to fraudulently sign a document. Ffs wise up

No it’s not ok. But that wasn’t the root of the problem; who signed the document is neither here nor there when it comes to the issue at hand, which is that you decided you didn’t want the car after the fact. If it’s not suitable, that’s not the dealers fault - it’s not like it had a mechanical issue.

You had no problem accepting the finance at the time and leaving without signing anything so don’t try and make out you’ve been mistreated, it’s purely convenient for you to use it as an excuse to return a car you shouldn’t have bought and nothing more.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
No it’s not ok. But that wasn’t the root of the problem; who signed the document is neither here nor there when it comes to the issue at hand, which is that you decided you didn’t want the car after the fact. If it’s not suitable, that’s not the dealers fault - it’s not like it had a mechanical issue.

You had no problem accepting the finance at the time and leaving without signing anything so don’t try and make out you’ve been mistreated, it’s purely convenient for you to use it as an excuse to return a car you shouldn’t have bought and nothing more.
So l can't use a legal loophole to return something. I admitted I made a mistake.what would you do in my situation?

'96dc2

RMS Regular
You got proof you didn’t sign anything? Dealer could easily play that card. But in all honesty, he’ll probably take the car back just to get rid of you.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
So l can't use a legal loophole to return something. I admitted I made a mistake.what would you do in my situation?
Stand over it and sell the car privately. The dealer didn’t mistreat you or scam you, you discussed the figures with him no doubt and he submitted the finance application based on those. Like I said, the signature thing may have been handled incorrectly by him but ultimately it had no bearing on your finances or your purchase. He may now have to face a legal issue because you’ve used it as an excuse to get out of your purchase for reasons which can’t be attributed to him.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
You shouldn't have to use loopholes. If you aren't happy, sell it or trade it in and move on. If he did something wrong, that's not great, but not like he took out finance in your name without your knowledge.

FWIW I bought a car last year that gave me a few problems straight after buying. I wasn't happy with the car but legally, I couldn't make rhe dealer take it back. I ended up selling it back to him at a chunky enough loss to myself, because I was uncomfortable with owning the car long term.

I could have tried to go legal, and did consider it, but ended up not as ultimately it was me that was unhappy with the car giving me remorse more than anything.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.