Car Insurance - New Development

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Anyone had issues with car insurance prices when moving into a new housing development?

Just received some quotes for our cars which are much higher, with a lot of insurers not even able to quote.

We're moving from BT4 to the Millreagh Development in BT16.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
It’s all to do with where a lot of cars are being borrowed by the joy riders. But I’ve never heard of them not being able to give a quote.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Probably because their database hasn't updated with the postcode as yet if it is a new build.
Millreagh has been up a few years now though so they should be able to quoteI'd have thought.

Have you tried using a local broker?

_Stu_

RMS Regular
I live very close to there in a new development also. I moved from Comber and my insurance went up a bit. I think it’s a higher risk area just.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Weird. That's where I live @acsmyth and had no trouble at all. I'm with Admiral currently.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I moved from the sticks to BT4 and it pretty much doubled for me, moving to BT13 though :scream:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Last year my insurance had a difference of £200 with the same company just by changing the postcode from Bangor to Carrowdore - Carrowdore being more expensive!! WTF??

AC

RMS Regular
Last year my insurance had a difference of £200 with the same company just by changing the postcode from Bangor to Carrowdore - Carrowdore being more expensive!! WTF??

Carrowdore though. That’s where dirty mike and the boys are from.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I moved from Holywood to portaferry (outskirts) and it went from £350 to £500

But then added her on and it went back down to only £15 increase

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Anyone had issues with car insurance prices when moving into a new housing development?

Just received some quotes for our cars which are much higher, with a lot of insurers not even able to quote.

Live in the area myself and no problems with insurance. Have been with Hastings the last couple of years who have been the most competitive.

So many rms people live in the vicinity.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Mine dropped over £150 when I moved back to Bangor from Millisle a couple of years ago. I put it down to not tramping up and down crappy country roads everyday

slapshot_99

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Focus

It can take a while for a new area to build up some history in the insurance company databases and until that happens surrounding areas can have an undue influence.

Once the new development establishes itself and they have some accurate data to work off then you'll start to get more 'normal' quotes.....well by insurance lottery standards anyway !!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
My buddy moved from Ards to Mill Mount. His insurance company refused to quote him at renewal for his M4. He put it down to the proximity to Ballybean, much the same as Millreagh.

DUB_MK3

RMS Regular
My buddy moved from Ards to Mill Mount. His insurance company refused to quote him at renewal for his M4. He put it down to the proximity to Ballybean, much the same as Millreagh.
Ballybosina isn’t known for its car crime surely? Or is it based on crime in general?

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
It can take a while for a new area to build up some history in the insurance company databases and until that happens surrounding areas can have an undue influence.

Once the new development establishes itself and they have some accurate data to work off then you'll start to get more 'normal' quotes.....well by insurance lottery standards anyway !!
It's been here ~10 years LOL :grinning:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I am absolutely disgusted at the price of my insurance this year tbh. £795 on a 05 320d, I'm 31 and quite frankly just dont understand it.

Quick moan on the web then spread it over the year with DD, it's a requirement so what are you to do eh.