Car Insurance - New Development

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I am absolutely disgusted at the price of my insurance this year tbh. £795 on a 05 320d, I'm 31 and quite frankly just dont understand it.

Quick moan on the web then spread it over the year with DD, it's a requirement so what are you to do eh.

Mine when up a hell of alot for the Volvo at the tail end of last year, I was disgusted as i hadn't paid that sort of cash for insurance since my early 20's. Luckily got an OKish-to-stomach multicar deal from Admiral, then I moved to Larne at the near vomited at my premium increase. +o(

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I am absolutely disgusted at the price of my insurance this year tbh. £795 on a 05 320d, I'm 31 and quite frankly just dont understand it.

Quick moan on the web then spread it over the year with DD, it's a requirement so what are you to do eh.
Ouch, the renewal on my Accord went up to over £600 this year and that was the day before I turned 42, no claims or convictions. That was with Axa, needless to say I told them what to do with their renewal. Shopped around and got it for £230 online with SureThing, added legal, windscreen and breakdown for an extra £20. They quoted me £900 for the Z4 - I laughed at them, on classic now with Autoline for £250

Last edited:

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini

£650 insurance (Down from 775 last year) and £315 tax... for a clio. Breaks my heart.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Oddly I got £50 *back* when I changed from the 570S Spider to the 600LT. :grinning:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I'm actually glad this thread came up, was near heartbroken myself looking at quotes - almost thought I was in my early 20s again!

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
I’ve watched the Jaag insurance climb when it turned 4, then again when the new XF came out in 2016. And again last year when it turned 7.

I think older cars suffer due to the perceived rise in repair costs as certain parts become harder to come by.

I certainly don’t think it’s anything to do with my proximity to Carrowdore or the Bangorians moving in.... 😉😉😜