RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
News this morning and all over Facebook etc

14 injured and apparently 2 fatalities.

Car meet last night in Stevenage

Www. streamable.com/al0cm

If put a space at start of link so video isn’t snapped above

This is the safest video, it’s from a distance. But other videos show a 350z doing a loud drive by and a gt86 pulls out infront of him to slide rear end out at the junction, sends the 350z into the crowd at side of road.

Totally awful and what’s everyones thoughts, Will this lead to further crack downs on meets etc?

Some news outlets are claiming the cars where racing etc.

Still terrible terrible thing to happen.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ridiculous speed to be carrying through a crowded area like that. Not sure the driver of the car that pulled out of the junction would have seen the other coming - it was going that fast.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Seen that on the news this morning from a different angle. Your man was doing some speed for there being that many people in the road. Awful awful thing to happen but with people all over the place blocking clear lines of sight and the drivers clearly not adjusting their driving to suit said conditions it was only a matter of time before something happened.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
It was only a matter of time. I remember going to cruises in South End and Lakeside 15 odd years ago and it was threading the needle back then.

Photos going round of the GT86 with the "roof ripped off in the crash". To me it's clearly been removed by the fire service. Fukin media BS.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Flip it must have been bad enough if the roof needed lifted. Some news about fatalities too. Wild.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I’d pictures of seacat a few weeks back of a pile up. Boy in a Leon came in flat and was t-boned by a Lexus ending up in a bmw. The speed that boy was was travelling was mental but that meet in particular seams to get them going nuts due to the ‘straights’ directly outside.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
With all those people blocking the view of the road, there was no hope of the guy seeing the 350z before he came out of the junction. Looks like it was only a matter of time before this happened.

PieMan1

RMS Regular
If you go on youtube theres a few people that video everyone leaving that meet on a regular basis.

To be honest its lucky it was that 350z crash as some of the clips people are going twice as fast on the roads in question.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The car meets and particularly the exits from the venues after are nuts over there. I used to go to the Ace Cafe for meets regularly and there were loads of people doing big exits out into the traffic. Youtube is full of clips of people leaving meets sideways into traffic. It's mental, wouldn't be surprised if some of these youtube guys was right there as they are always trying to get a good shot. Terrible that people have been killed but honestly WTF do they think is going to happen with no crowd control and inexperienced drivers. This is why organised motorsport should be encouraged.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Your man in the 350z really did come out of nowhere there 8-(
There's a time and a place for a wee bit of sport, a blip or two in say 1st and 2nd gear and we all do it! But with people lined either side of the road carrying speed like that is insane.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I’d pictures of seacat a few weeks back of a pile up. Boy in a Leon came in flat and was t-boned by a Lexus ending up in a bmw. The speed that boy was was travelling was mental but that meet in particular seams to get them going nuts due to the ‘straights’ directly outside.

The very last time I went to Seacat there was a fella flying round the carpark pulling the handbrake at every corner (driven like she was stolen) and I promised myself I would never be back, too old for that carry on. Bring back the days when it was bunged by 8pm and you could hardly walk round never mind drive, way better craic standing out having a yarn and looking at cars than trying to avoid your pride and joy being handbraked into.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
The very last time I went to Seacat there was a fella flying round the carpark pulling the handbrake at every corner (driven like she was stolen) and I promised myself I would never be back, too old for that carry on. Bring back the days when it was bunged by 8pm and you could hardly walk round never mind drive, way better craic standing out having a yarn and looking at cars than trying to avoid your pride and joy being handbraked into.
These days it’s just is200’s and Corsa d’s. Complete waste of time and effort and high risk as you say

scub

Banned
I know that stretch of road as the ex's sister lives in stevenage. horrible place - just a load of housing estates all linked by ring roads like the 1 above. & was filled with Essex boys in w@nked out sheds doing that fast & furious nonsense virtually every night.
think the monagh by pass at poleglass except they actually owned the cars!
surprised it hasn't happened before!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Some speed carried there in a 40

A602.jpg

johnm

RMS Regular
I know that stretch of road as the ex's sister lives in stevenage. horrible place - just a load of housing estates all linked by ring roads like the 1 above. & was filled with Essex boys in w@nked out sheds doing that fast & furious nonsense virtually every night.
think the monagh by pass at poleglass except they actually owned the cars!
surprised it hasn't happened before!

lol, I was going to say bit like craigavon then.