Car play or android auto?

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
I have a new 2019 transit custom which is fully loaded. I'm using a Samsung phone with android auto but my brother connected his iphone and I couldn't believe how much nicer the apple CarPlay was.

Even maps on iphone move across to the screen etc

Am I missing something with android or is apple just better?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I've recently changed to iPhone as well - had nothing but issues with an Android One Nokia with my headunit but the iPhone just works perfectly. In previous times I 'needed' Android for certain things but the iPhone suits me just alright.

I think there's an Android Auto UI update either in progress or on the way which should improve things but it is a bit basic looking.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I am using android auto and I think it is really nice looking on screen, I don't use the nav function that much as I have inbuilt nav. If you are not using it already download the Waze nav app, it's free and it has really nice accurate features like realtime traffic.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
As already mentioned, I'm pretty sure a fairly major android auto update is coming soon.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
im able to use android auto and a note 9 and put the phone on the headunit using an app called AA mirror. Carplay does look much better visually as android auto was designed with function before form to be honest is does look ugly.

1566836041568.png

definitely use waze over google maps for the real time traffic alerts alone. mobile police cameras are often flagged as well.

markmeus

RMS Regular
The new android auto is definintly better looking, although I actually liked the previous one too, the only thing that's always looked better on android auto is the music screens. The carplay one is very basic looking

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
And there's my excuse for upgrading from my 6S as iOS13 won't be coming to it :p