Car recommendation

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andymh

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 Civic
The girl and i are going halfers on a car but dont no what to get considering i have 6 penalty points on my licence and im 19. What sort of car would you recommend. cheers

bob

RMS Regular
You got any specific requirements like low insurance etc. or a budget figure?

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Mk4 Astra 1.6 16v? 100bhp, group 5 ins and can be got for as little as 3 grand.....

Andymh

RMS Regular
OP
Andymh
Drives
EP3 Civic
im guessing you did not see the 6 penalty points i mentioned

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
I take it your not concerned with size of engine, going for more ice and styling?

It looks like 1.0 and 1.1l models are your best bet....try looking at some mk1 clios, peugot 106's etc. Are you going to be the main driver or your girlfriend?

Have you tried any dummy insurance quotes?

Andymh

RMS Regular
OP
Andymh
Drives
EP3 Civic
i will be the main driver. was concidering a corsa c 1.0. There grp 1 ins

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Would you be happy with the corsa? If so go for it! Insurance surely couldn't come any cheaper and it would give you money left over depending on the price of car.

WipEout

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx s14a
jesus 6 point on ur provisional :confounded: i thought it was bad me gettin 3 wen i had R plates, i was told if u get 6 in your 1st 3 years of drivin ud get banned.... this is wot the peeler who gimme em said anyway

Dermot

306 d turbo's are group 5 and you could keep bushing or headgaskets in the b@stards...

as for cars to try insure... i drive without insurance before i'd buy a fookin corsa... wise up lad, go with quinn direct for insurance and well, fail to mention your points to them ;)

Andymh

RMS Regular
OP
Andymh
Drives
EP3 Civic
over 2 and a half grand for a 1.1 106 on my mums insurance.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
tbh i'd forget about it for a few years....no point in throwing all that money into insurance, its madness!! insurance is crazy enough.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
1.0 saxo, buy a modded 98 or 99 one for about £1500, group 3 insurance too, best deal your gonna get if you ask me

hmm...as for insurance can you go under your g/f's name as your both gonna be driving the car anyway?

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
i agree, the only thing is "can you go under your g/f's name" should be "you will need to go under her name". Its your only option until your able to afford it under your own name.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.