Car Related Tattoos

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben Cousins

RMS Member
Drives
Toyota Corolla
Always had a notion for a tattoo...

Had seen and quite liked a Colin McRae signature tattoo with the ‘if in doubt flat out’ above it but I can’t help think it’s a bit naff (I want it on my arm somewhere). Sometimes I think it’s naff and other times I love it lol so I’m kinda confused...

So any of you guys (or girls) with tattoos/ink - what have you got that’s car related and where? Give me some ideas as I love the idea just got no idea what to do about it

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
@TheDaniel has a turbo and the stig tattoo I believe. It looks good. My personal opinion, if you’re mixing between naff and loving it, probably best to hold off. I understand they aren’t entirely permanent with the options of laser these days, but not something I would want if I wasn’t entirely certain.

Ben Cousins

RMS Member
OP
Ben Cousins
Drives
Toyota Corolla
That’s why I haven’t jumped to it yet just holding off until I see something I actually really want lol

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Just makes me think of this... :joy::joy:
BB00F90C-EB81-4E2D-A78B-6D4E626D11BD.jpeg

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Boke..

Thankfully Brennan works somewhere where he's not allowed a petrol car or a tattoo

Or he would be single
Not quite sure why you have brought me up in this topic or what it has to do with me :rolleyes:

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Iv a redtop engine block to cover up a drunken magaluf one got it as a carry on but i love it lol its on top of my leg so not seen by anyone

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
I don't have car related tattoos but I've a lot of tattoos in general and I'd say text does not age well and you'll get sick of people asking why you got it, so i'd say avoid that lol

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I always like the McCrae quote but I don't really like text as a tattoo personally.

I always wanted a car related tattoo and never knew what to get to represent my love of motors. Debated specific brand logos like the Ferrari stallion or Lambo bull but the chances are I'll never own any of those so thought nah.

I grew up watching Top Gear with my friends every Sunday, it was our religion. Going to the shops getting a full munch, then deciding who's house to go to and watch it. All over us gathered round pulling in kitchen chairs and people on the floor to watch. So as I thought a tattoo of Clarksons face would age as well as.... Clarsons face. I decided the The Stig was what I would get. The persona of the ultimate racing driver. I also hate the idea of a future with all electric cars, so I needed parts to represent the internal combustion engine.. and a spark plug because I hate diesels... lol so i sent some images to my tattoo artist, Jack at Skinworks, and he through them together and I ended up with this...

2016-09-15 21.48.06.png

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I always like the McCrae quote but I don't really like text as a tattoo personally.

I always wanted a car related tattoo and never knew what to get to represent my love of motors. Debated specific brand logos like the Ferrari stallion or Lambo bull but the chances are I'll never own any of those so thought nah.

I grew up watching Top Gear with my friends every Sunday, it was our religion. Going to the shops getting a full munch, then deciding who's house to go to and watch it. All over us gathered round pulling in kitchen chairs and people on the floor to watch. So as I thought a tattoo of Clarksons face would age as well as.... Clarsons face. I decided the The Stig was what I would get. The persona of the ultimate racing driver. I also hate the idea of a future with all electric cars, so I needed parts to represent the internal combustion engine.. and a spark plug because I hate diesels... lol so i sent some images to my tattoo artist, Jack at Skinworks, and he through them together and I ended up with this...

View attachment 202265

The more I look at it the more I see that the stigs junk is a turbo.

Turbo **** wouldn't be all bad I guess.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.