Car Transport

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Does anyone know if anyone is still transporting cars at the moment?

I may need to send one from here to London this week/early next week

Last edited:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Need a car brought across from Edinburgh in a couple of weeks time, any recommendations? Will be trying Woodsides and Inter Dealer Movements, anyone else?

RevT

RMS Regular
David Corr in Cookstown and two other fellas on Facebook are giving good prices at the minute, Kenneth Gallagher car transport and a fella called Hamish McBeth, worth a message if you have FB.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
David corr transport took my over last Monday
He has a lorry going over every Monday

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Thanks all, plenty of suggestions there! Have sent a few messages, Bartlett quoting £250 + vat.

RevT

RMS Regular
Thanks all, plenty of suggestions there! Have sent a few messages, Bartlett quoting £250 + vat.

Just as an example, Corr was quoting me £300 all in from Birmingham last week, Kenneth Gallagher was quoting £275.

Cathal McGoldrick on FB would be worth a shout too, they don’t do car transport but they have low loaders over in Scotland all the time and can bring cars back regularly.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
8C77D297-3031-4961-8159-EFB66C57AA16.png

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Cost obviously important but need someone I can trust, its a brand new car!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
For those of you have bought privately, then had the car transported, what way do you work payment? Do you just have to pay the seller in advance and assume it’s genuine?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
For those of you have bought privately, then had the car transported, what way do you work payment? Do you just have to pay the seller in advance and assume it’s genuine?

Do some checks on the seller, but yeah pretty much. Past couple of cars I paid them when they rang to confirm the transporter had arrived. Bit of a nail biter even for something cheap lol

Worst part of it all is the schedule (or lack of) the transport companies use. Arranging a collection date then they change last minute to another day, then ring some time in between and say they'll be there in half an hour. Was the case for 3 different companies so far.

Thankfully the sellers were mostly dead on about it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Good thinking. Deposit to hold then initially I suppose.

I wouldn’t have thought transport companies were the sort of people that liked to be kept waiting, but as long as you were waiting by the phone and the money went straight through I suppose it could all be done before they even get the car loaded.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good thinking. Deposit to hold then initially I suppose.

I wouldn’t have thought transport companies were the sort of people that liked to be kept waiting, but as long as you were waiting by the phone and the money went straight through I suppose it could all be done before they even get the car loaded.

The money was transfered as the lorry arrived. Took about 5 seconds. I suppose you run the risk of it hanging in the system though! One transport guy specifically asked me if it was paid for and all, so I guess its happened before to him.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Not so much about transport but payment.... I was with Ulster Bank at the time I flew to London on a Saturday to pay/collect for the wife’s X5 privately. I left empty handed as the funds I sent when I arrived had to be authorised by a security company they use who turned out they don’t work on a Saturday. The fella didn’t receive the funds until Monday evening.

I made several phone calls prior to me flying over to make sure there wouldn’t be any issues as I had problems before with Ulster Bank and transferring large sums of money.... I was assured their polices had since changed.... weren’t they wrong.

So double check with your bank, no issues with Santander since I moved to them