Carbon fibre repair

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
Ive got a carbon fibre lip needing some mild repair, anyone know someone reputable they can recommend? Cheers

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Magee Motorsport near Larne make carbon parts...I'm sure they could fix it.
Is this Andy ?? Do they make there own bits or do they buy them in Stevie .?i just see you say they make them ,I wasn’t aware of that.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Is this Andy ?? Do they make there own bits or do they buy them in Stevie .?i just see you say they make them ,I wasn’t aware of that.

It's a lady called Janice runs it, they make everything ( Andy maybe her father ? ). She has an Audi Quattro she rallies with a lot of custom made carbon panels etc.

Magee Motorsport

Chris0

RMS Regular
The above still the go to for carbon work? Have a bonnet that would need polished and tidied before a clear coat.

Also anywhere in NI/UK that would make things like carbon front wings or carbon cut outs for them?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
The above still the go to for carbon work? Have a bonnet that would need polished and tidied before a clear coat.

Also anywhere in NI/UK that would make things like carbon front wings or carbon cut outs for them?

As far as i know Galway Carbon make the panels for the "The Projects" S5 WRC Impreza kits, which are becoming renowned for the quality and fit , would be worth a shout, but cant imagine it will be an economic avenue to go down

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6

Local to me there is Denver @Jamstyling based just outside Portadown.
In the Uk we have Lewis Prototype 22 and Chris @CPH Carbon.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Local to me there is Denver @Jamstyling based just outside Portadown.
In the Uk we have Lewis Prototype 22 and Chris @CPH Carbon.

I tried that Denver guy, waste of time mate, messed me about something serious

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I tried that Denver guy, waste of time mate, messed me about something serious

That's disappointing to hear as id rather give local business work as apposed to across the water but it would appear across the water is the way forward.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Got the PM my EE is rubbish atm

Yes can repair carbon but generally the part is 9/10 times a fiberglass piece with a single layer of carbon with a Poly Gelcoat

So you have thick fiberglass then a single layer of carbon...then a thin layer of gelcoat.

Hence the standard damage to thin gelcoat in spider fractures etc.

Repair for these are remove all gelcoat and add new proper Epoxy top flow coat then spray 2K lacquer

Fair amount of hours for a piece.....sometimes an off the shelf replacement works out cheaper

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
@Con do you do much in the line of carbon fibre work.

Google C IS FOR CARBON

Screenshot_20181113-143001_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-015612_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191029-145602_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191114-125521_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-104622_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-145252_Messenger.jpg

IMG_20180305_213726_088.jpg

IMG_20180313_004320_333.jpg

IMG_20190904_144423_392.jpg

Infusion

Cut and Trim