Cars you never knew existed

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ford Verona. 2 door Orion. Definitely a new one on me.

Also came in a Volkswagen flavour, the Apollo:

300px-Apollo.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Now that's a blast from the past! Had completely forgotten about them. They were eons ahead of their time back then, in a very French way.

Gambit

RMS Regular
BMW e90 320si. i knew all about the audi A4 DTM edition but never realised BMW had something similar - theirs even comes with a carbon fibre cam cover :confounded: - looks like any other M-sport 320 but totally different engine in it etc

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
BMW e90 320si. i knew all about the audi A4 DTM edition but never realised BMW had something similar - theirs even comes with a carbon fibre cam cover :confounded: - looks like any other M-sport 320 but totally different engine in it etc

Very interesting, strange that it looks so OEM and plain yet had this kind of heritage.

Reminds me a bit of the E30 320is which was developed for the Portuagese and Italian markets, they had crippling car tax on anything over a 2.0 so that put paid to quick E30s like the 325i Sport. BMW were missing out on market share so developed the 320is, which used a stroked (1990cc) version of the 2.3 S14 from the E30 M3 along with a dogleg box, LSD, etc. It actually made a bit more power than the 325i Sport we got and was meant to be a great drive.

michelinman

RMS Regular
Drives
e46
Very interesting, strange that it looks so OEM and plain yet had this kind of heritage.

Reminds me a bit of the E30 320is which was developed for the Portuagese and Italian markets, they had crippling car tax on anything over a 2.0 so that put paid to quick E30s like the 325i Sport. BMW were missing out on market share so developed the 320is, which used a stroked (1990cc) version of the 2.3 S14 from the E30 M3 along with a dogleg box, LSD, etc. It actually made a bit more power than the 325i Sport we got and was meant to be a great drive.

Its known as the Baby M3 in Germany. Beautiful and hideously expensive in Germany :laughing: I took a photo of one I saw and must try to find it! A real rare bird!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
There's actually quite a lot of them about but this one looks particularly good. I think I remember reading a review about them though saying that all in they're actually a bit sh|t

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I appreciate the engineering and hand built etc but 170bhp NA in that size of car isn't going to feel fast, as shown by the 8.1sec 0-60mph time. It would at very least need to be over 200bhp. Could also do with a few badges or stripes or something to make it look a bit more motorsport.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Very few of them are still on original engines, as nobody treated them as they needed with heat cycles etc. I read an article on them a few yrs back, and it said that most had needed engine replacement.