gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It would have been originally, and open back to literally shoot from. For when walking to the peg was too much work, and one couldn't find a peasant to carry one :joy:

These days "shooting brake" is just posh for estate.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Spotted this today. 4 door Aston Martin!

Aston Martin Rapide
Knew it existed but don't think I've ever seen one! Basically a longer four door DB9.

Looks fantastic I think 😎

Ultimate GT car for that ski trip to Davos, or popping down to the boat in Monaco 😁

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Knew it existed but don't think I've ever seen one! Basically a longer four door DB9.

Looks fantastic I think 😎

Ultimate GT car for that ski trip to Davos, or popping down to the boat in Monaco 😁
Was in Antrim! Looked really well in the flesh, bit more digging and it's a Rapide S 6.0 V12 with 550bhp!!!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Ferrari 456 Estate 🤔. Saab like rear glass.
ferrariwagon1.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No such thing as a good-looking SUV, but the DBX looks much better in red :cool:

At least in pictures, lol, yet to see one in real life though. No end of things I'd rather have at that money regardless of looks :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Classic old French car brand. They did a lot of racing and rallying with the small Alpine A110 in the sixties. And then the brand basically died off.

It was revived a few years ago as the Renault performance brand with the new Alpine A110, a modern retro car inspired by the original A110.

And now it's the official name of the Renault F1 team.

The new A110 is a lovely wee thing. Not quite a Lotus - the Alpine has twin clutch box, turbo engine, leather and aircon, etc. So a bit plush :innocent: But it's light and small and agile by modern standards, focus on handling rather than chasing power numbers.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I did hear not so long ago that RenaultSport is to be rebranded as Alpine in the same way Seat have done with Cupra or Fiat with Abarth. I'm not sure if that just in Europe or here too however.