Categorised Car Check.

Dandy

RMS Regular
Drives
Does anyone know if there are any online website checks that gives details of what damaged occured to the car? Or is there even any handy way of finding out?

Thanks.

Dandy

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
Ah wasn't sure what the story was. Would be a good idea if you were able could find out.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The insurance companies only record the classification/categorisation of the damage, i.e. if it's write-off. Occasionally you might get some pertinent info if it's been reshelled or the like, but they don't normally have a specific damage breakdown.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
A proper good nosey should soon reveal all. Or possibly contact the dealer make with chassis number in case they record any new parts sold against chassis number. Doubt it but never know

Dandy

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
Yea seems nearly the only way is to get a good look at it and judge it yourself. I'm surprised its not listed on the history checks.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Bump

Has the wonderful use of technology improved this at all? Looking at a car and the owner took the ad down and said he just found out it has been categorised. Any way I can get photos or information on what happened?

Isn’t an expensive car but no history with it so wanted to check something before hand

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Bump

Has the wonderful use of technology improved this at all? Looking at a car and the owner took the ad down and said he just found out it has been categorised. Any way I can get photos or information on what happened?

Isn’t an expensive car but no history with it so wanted to check something before hand
DVLA should be able to tell you the insurer that categorized it. From there you have to call the insurer and try get the information, if it happened a while back it shouldn't be an issue if it's more recent you may have trouble.

Best thing is to look at the car in person. With these things it's not so much the damage that's the issue it's how it was fixed

Chris0

RMS Regular
Google the reg. If it's been through the likes of Copart, the images may still come up
Tried that already nothing came up.

Will try DVLA and see how it goes might be closed today but fingers crossed

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Bump

Vcheck has salvage auction history as part of their check.