Caterham 620s S3

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i guess its emmissions are managed fairly well...... i wonder is a remap likely to help, given they may be a bit strangled to pass factory emmisions....

not that you need more power.......... but if its there for the taking !! :grinning:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Thought I'd try the half roof on that I got with the car and the storm cover, I've had the full roof on Caterhams 3 times before and it's a royal PITA to put on plus it takes about 10-15 mins by which time you've contemplated just getting wet!!!!

It's a piece of cake to put on and I imagine it's pleasant to drive with as well, these cars get seriously warm with the full roof. It will hopefully never, ever get wet but anyway...…….

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0105.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Love this! I'd be tempted to bail the bikes out for something like this someday.

Health to drive buddy.
I've a little used BMW S1000R that I might part with. A fast 7 is as much fun as a fast bike though it won't wheelie.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Heated seats, pah, man up :innocent::grinning:

Great choice, you'll have fun in this! Do take it to trackdays, only way to fully enjoy them :cool:

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Just seen this. Very nice. That will be some fun on the road. A lotus is tame compared to that im sure :grinning:.
You will have to give me run in it when the weather improves(y).

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Just seen this. Very nice. That will be some fun on the road. A lotus is tame compared to that im sure :grinning:.
You will have to give me run in it when the weather improves(y).
Just saw this too, I was out today for a good run though the roads are not to grippy! Heated seats got used as well as the heater which is great, very civilised actually......until you use all of the throttle travel which @blelock can testify too:cool:

That's probably it parked up for a few months now!

DSC_0110.JPG

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Just saw this too, I was out today for a good run though the roads are not to grippy! Heated seats got used as well as the heater which is great, very civilised actually......until you use all of the throttle travel which @blelock can testify too:cool:

That's probably it parked up for a few months now!

View attachment 215697

Yeah mine's Sorn for the winter now. Glad you got sorted in the end. HTD(y)

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I have the exhaust off it atm as I've grounded it out several times already with only 70mm ground clearance just in front of the back wheel so the plan is to ditch this rear exit silencer.....

20181021_141435.jpg

IMG-20181121-WA0007.jpeg

As I did this....

DSC_0119.JPG

IMG-20181121-WA0005.jpeg

So this has to get cut up and redirected out the side..........

IMG-20181121-WA0009.jpeg

It will be a bit louder though hopefully not much, I'll seal it well which it wasn't before, it looks better, retaines the cat, saves 6kgs and I don't have to fear bumpy roads as much!!!

Hopefully this works out 8-(

Last edited:

moglie

RMS Regular
Only seeing the thread now Mike. As said before, it's absolutely fantastic. I've no doubt it'll keep you on your toes!!

Also glad to see the tinkering has already started... I expected nothing less :p(y)

Wishing you all the very best with it mate