Caterham 620s S3

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Out for a run up around the north coast for a late breakfast with some like minded people recently..........great day and some great roads I'd never driven.

I love my heater but I thought I'd never appreciate the heated seats, I was wrong!

DSC_0537.JPG
DSC_0538.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Had the car out a wee run yesterday as the sun was out, picked my 9 year old nephew up from school in it............….he said he was embarrassed getting into it as he didn't know what it was and proceeded to tell me on the way home all about his favourite game, Forza motorsport and all about Bugatti Veyron's! I then told him a Veyron is amazing but its a 2 ton tank with 1000hp, the car you are sat in is 580kg and 310hp so its faster...…………...I lost him a bit here so he then asked can you drift and can you go fast. I promptly did and was then told to slow down :laughing:. Then go fast, then slow down......…….and repeat! Now he loves Caterhams!

He told my sister in law we where doing 159mph on the way home🤔...………...kids!

7.jpg

Waiting on the ☀ again

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Elise isn't all that much better in rain though, lol, I keep a bundle of towels in mine for long trips 😇 😁

Much better place for long journeys though, and not far off in fun :cool:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The Caterham aquaplanes on wet roads over 60mph
You get wet, though very little
It's a complete pita to get in and out with the hood up
Its lethal in the wet
You can't lock it, the doors are fabric
The biggest issue is I don't like, no scrub that..................I hate it getting dirty!

I should add that the heater and heated seats are great...…….can't ever imagine living with an Atom in this country :cold_sweat:

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I should add that I've never had this Caterham wet, a memorable drive in my 07 R400 from Belfast home taught me all I needed to know about driving one in the wet!

Elise R or SC would be fine........I think though I almost bought a 250 Cup last year!