Caught speeding in Scotland

Andy92

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru
Has anyone been caught speeding in Scotland? i hear they are stricter that back home :/

got caught speeding a few months back and wanna know what the expected outcome will be.

cheers

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Points go on your ghost licence, don't sweat it unless you were in ban territory. Were you?

Andy92

RMS Regular
OP
Andy92
Drives
Subaru
Got caught at 97 in a 60. I'm living in England at the moment and have a NI driving licence will this affect the outcome?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I think beyond 30 over the limit it goes straight to court. You were 37 over...

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
got caugh on bike few years back ...cairnriyn going for boat .39.61 in 30..........read riot act went to stranrare court 400.00 pound fine 100,00 duty soliciter 55..00 for boat day off work ...throttle backs off now over there

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
got caugh on bike few years back ...cairnriyn going for boat .39.61 in 30..........read riot act went to stranrare court 400.00 pound fine 100,00 duty soliciter 55..00 for boat day off work ...throttle backs off now over there

I was lucky then got stopped doing 41 in a 30 in girvan,got a telling off then sent on my way

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Points go on your ghost licence, don't sweat it unless you were in ban territory. Were you?

As above, This was definitely the case will be put on your ghost UK licence, and you'll get a fine.

However now I'm not sure. With the whole DVLANI Coleraine closing and it all being run from Swansea. Maybe the feckers have managed to close the grey area, loop hole of not issuing points on a NI licence.

Be interesting to know, I know they have been planning it for years, maybe all good things do come to and end.lol.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
As above, This was definitely the case will be put on your ghost UK licence, and you'll get a fine.

However now I'm not sure. With the whole DVLANI Coleraine closing and it all being run from Swansea. Maybe the feckers have managed to close the grey area, loop hole of not issuing points on a NI licence.

I wonder how it will work out, when everything is run by Swansea, points wise. Will they merge your NI licence and UK ghost licence points total together, if they do how many people will suddenly find out they have lost theirs due to excessive points.....

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
But you could buy back points in Scotland. I don't know if you still can or not.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
No seriously. They had points in Scotland forever and a guy who was from fyfe said he could buy points back off his licence way back when. Just wondered if that's why you got a large fine instead of points

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
I had 3 points on my UK licence when living in Scotland (I'm Scottish) but when I moved to NI and got my NI Licence they never went onto it, I was happy enough since they were only on my licence little over a year.

That buying back points off your licence is pish. What he might have been meaning was, in company cars/vans people may pay colleagues to take points if they're close to getting a ban, but I'm sure that happens everywhere. It happened to that MP didn't it, he went to prison for it too.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Be interesting to know, I know they have been planning it for years, maybe all good things do come to and end.lol.

At the minute it is only vehicle licensing that's going to Swansea. So it seems licenses and everything else is remaining as is.

That could well change in years to come though

Andy92

RMS Regular
OP
Andy92
Drives
Subaru
Ended up I got a 2 month ban and a fine. Does this effect my NI license ? Or where can I find out?

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Fook that's a bit harsh, I got 6 points and £150 fine for 92 in a 60 over here in NI

russboy

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
Has anyone been caught speeding in Scotland? i hear they are stricter that back home :/

got caught speeding a few months back and wanna know what the expected outcome will be.

cheers
Hi, Got caught doing 52 in a 30 in cairnryan yes it goes to court i got fined £250+4 points on my ghost license and that was only last month.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Taken from NIdirect.gov.... It would seem so but can't confirm. @avo5021

Mutual recognition of driving disqualifications
There is mutual recognition of driving disqualifications between Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/driving-disqualifications

Yeah that's right, disqualification carries across the whole of UK and has done for some time, but points are still applied to a "ghost" counterpart.