Causeway Coast Ford Fair 4th June 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RSOCNI

RMS Regular
Drives
ford
13th-annual-fordfair_logo-shield-e1491514700736.jpg

EXCITING NEW VENUE FOR 2017!

TrustFord, in conjunction with the Capri Club NI, RS Owners Club and Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, are once again hosting the 13th annual Causeway Coast Ford Fair at a new & exciting venue – West Bay, Portrush on Sunday 4th June 2017.

The Causeway Coast Ford Fair (CCFF) is by far the largest car display event to be held in Ireland each year. The event attracts upwards on 10,000 people each year, with over 400 static Ford vehicles including vintage, modern and sport on display.

Ford-Fair-Committee-Members.jpg

Ford Fair Committee Members

The first show, back in 2005, was relatively small, but such has been the success of Ford Fair, that it is now a major calendar event for the Causeway Coast and Glens region. Alan Gourley, Capri Club NI, first approached Lindsay Cars Coleraine back in 2004 to garner interest in holding a small static display of Ford vehicles at the dealership.

Little did we know back then how this event would mushroom in to the huge show that it has become today. We thank all of our loyal ‘blue oval’ car owners who, hail rain or shine, have their vehicles in pristine condition each year and make the show the tremendous occasion that it has become!

Information on the show can be found on the following websites.

rsocni.co.uk

causewaycoastfordfair

Causeway Coast Ford Fair - Official Site

Please find entry forms here https://causewaycoastfordfair.files...d-fair-application-form-2017_visitors_web.pdf or can be picked up at any Trust Ford Dealer.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Looking forward to it this year.

If sending in an entry form, do you just pay the lower rate on the day? Couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

RSOCNI

RMS Regular
OP
RSOCNI
Drives
ford
@soupz The pre entry's for Ford Fair are £10 paid along with your application form,or you can enter on the morning of the show and entries are £15.

Just a reminder that gates close at 12.30pm and there is no vehicles to be moved until the end of the show for insurance reasons.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
@soupz The pre entry's for Ford Fair are £10 paid along with your application form,or you can enter on the morning of the show and entries are £15.

Just a reminder that gates close at 12.30pm and there is no vehicles to be moved until the end of the show for insurance reasons.

More meant how do I pay? Couldn't see who to make a cheque out to so just expected to throw a tenner in the envelope? Online entry and payment would be a lot handier...

RSOCNI

RMS Regular
OP
RSOCNI
Drives
ford
More meant how do I pay? Couldn't see who to make a cheque out to so just expected to throw a tenner in the envelope? Online entry and payment would be a lot handier...

@soupz Apologies,I get you now sorry. Cheques made payable to,Causeway Coast Fordfair,or you can leave your entry form and cash into any Trust ford dealership. I'll make the suggestion to the committee for next year as that makes sense for an online payment option.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Naaaaaaarrrrrgggghoooow! Always bloody working when this is on.
West Bay is a good venue, you'l get some good pics along the beach front.

RSOCNI

RMS Regular
OP
RSOCNI
Drives
ford
Just a reminder that Ford Fair is this Sunday at the new location,West Bay. All Fords welcome and you can enter your vehicle on the day.

This years chosen charity to support is,British Heart Foundation Northern Ireland.Further information can be found on the link bellow.

Northern Ireland

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
loimg forward to this, Antrim coast.... Some food.. A great ford show... Hopefully a great day(y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Looked like a nice day to start with anyway. Great photos.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Must have been early photos, got very wet when I was in round lunch time. First time I've been and won't be the last! Got speaking to some really great people

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Really good show of stuff today, a nice mix of classic and modern.

Didn't hang around as long as I would have liked, the weather wasn't too pleasant soon after we arrived.

I'm sure there were a few very pissed off Ford owners with their cars getting soaked like that!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I really want a Capri :-(

Looked like a good selection of stuff although I couldn't make it.

Bryan

RMS Regular
18838843_1331792320237641_1556918770353230155_n.jpg

This was amazing. As clean underneath as it was on top. Totally showroom condition.

I don't know what everyone else thought but I didn't really like the new venue - I'm sure there were things I missed. There didn't seem to be as big a turnout as previous years but that was probably down to the weather.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Went down looking for this yesterday ... couldnt find it so went to Barrys :laughing:

Where was it? I dont be in Portrush much anymore 8-(

Bryan

RMS Regular
Went down looking for this yesterday ... couldnt find it so went to Barrys :laughing:

Where was it? I dont be in Portrush much anymore 8-(

You couldn't miss it where it used to be located which probably attracted a lot more people to the event (ie. non car fans who were just in for a day trip to Portrush). It was located on the west bay green area. If you had walked down the path beside Barrys towards the beach you would have seen it from there.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
You couldn't miss it where it used to be located which probably attracted a lot more people to the event (ie. non car fans who were just in for a day trip to Portrush). It was located on the west bay green area. If you had walked down the path beside Barrys towards the beach you would have seen it from there.

I tried to follow the @KERR'S TYRES RS6 when I saw it but then the wee man got distracted by something and we stopped lol

I came out of Barry's and walked almost straight towards Ramore?

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I took one look at the forecast and closed the garage door again lol! Glad i did tbh

I hear it was a nightmare to get out of, people wanted to leave from about 3 and werent allowed to until 4.15. Oh and apparently the DJ was rubbish lol

Not my opinions btw before anyone starts, only what i heard!!

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I don't know what everyone else thought but I didn't really like the new venue - I'm sure there were things I missed. There didn't seem to be as big a turnout as previous years but that was probably down to the weather.

Agree 100%. Seemed smaller, not as well laid out and definitely a smaller turnout. Weather didn't help but the show in general was a lot poorer than the previous couple of years imo. Much preferred the old venue!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.