Cayenne Advice…the Porsche, not the restaurant!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Guys and gals. Have been thinking about a jeep and the missus likes the Porsche Cayenne. Anyone owned one, any advice you could offer. I'll probably be looking at the newer second generation model 2011 onwards. Definitely will be a 3-4 year old used car from somewhere.
Cheers
Kev

CS

RMS Regular
Never drove one, but was told by a sales man that had the pick of nearly every top end car going, and he couldn't talk highly enough about them

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
One thing I didn't realise until very recently is that a Cayenne is effectively a Touareg.
You'll get alot more car for a lot less money in a Touareg. Running/Servicing is likely to be alot cheaper in the long run too.

Just a thought.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
At that sort of age I definitely prefer the looks of a Taureg and I'm a huge Porsche fan.

The early cars, though, there is something tempting about an early 4.5 litre V8 Cayenne as a bargain dog carrying barge!!!

Don't give in to the temptation lol I had one and it cost a fortune to keep on the road, always something breaking and it was quite slow. The MPG was easily the worst thing about it though.

The day of my sister's wedding I did 3 return trips from Ballyclare to Carrick shuttling guests back and forward, it nailed £80 of fuel doing it lol that was the end of it.

The new gen ones are stunning though

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@big_pete But it's a 4.5 litre V8 jeep for like 6 or 7 grand!! How can I not be tempted?! Did see a chap in Dundonald one day putting LPG in an early Cayenne Turbo and he seemed to have a wry little smile when I nodded over at him!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
@big_pete But it's a 4.5 litre V8 jeep for like 6 or 7 grand!! How can I not be tempted?! Did see a chap in Dundonald one day putting LPG in an early Cayenne Turbo and he seemed to have a wry little smile when I nodded over at him!

My sister had an older shape one, said the servicing on it was mental. It was very nice to drive though, felt special.

Gambit

RMS Regular
This the black one on usedcars? funnily was looking at that yesterday also after sitting along side a black cayenne GTS which was stunning looking.

The 4.5 V8 is prone to bore scoring though from what "internet" was telling me

RCT

RMS Regular
@I

Now that is very cool. Always loved the R50, very rare car too.

Eye watering running costs though.

A friend of my dad's has one of these for towing his race shuttles and his other friend had to out do him after having sdo much bother with his G4 Land Rover, so he now has a rare Audi Q7 V12 diesel. It's silly torque for a jeep and you wouldn't know he has 3.5 ton on the back of it!

Lee

RMS Regular
Now a turbo I could live with MPG for, they are ridiculously fast for the size of them lol

Only when you look at the speedo you realise how quick they pick up the pace! Sound class too

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
A friend of my dad's has one of these for towing his race shuttles and his other friend had to out do him after having sdo much bother with his G4 Land Rover, so he now has a rare Audi Q7 V12 diesel. It's silly torque for a jeep and you wouldn't know he has 3.5 ton on the back of it!

V12 Q7 must be some bit of kit, can't see there being too many on the road with the list price new of over £100k!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Theres a V12 TDI for sale lovally at the minute....up until seeing that I didn't know they existed! Two V6 TDIs stuck together, how is there even room!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Theres a V12 TDI for sale lovally at the minute....up until seeing that I didn't know they existed! Two V6 TDIs stuck together, how is there even room!
If it were two v6 engines stuck together it'd be a w12, its two straight sixes surely making it the v12?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.