Cayenne PCM2 replacement

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Smorgol

RMS Member
Guys

Looking to replace my PCM2(cd) unit on a 2003 Porsche Cayenne. Anyone know a really good ICE advisor? Not looking to break the bank but do want apple/android integration and DAB if possible plus integration with current steering wheel controls and BOSE. Not seeing much out there.
Any help appreciated.

MGO

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Big Mick did oem upgrades, but he hasn’t been on here on a while and there’s some bad reports online sadly.

I’d probably speak to Audio advice, or get on the Porsche forums.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Smorgol

RMS Member
OP
Smorgol
Thanks all, much appreciated.

#Cartunes - whats the touch screen response like on the Pioneer? I have a Pioneer touch screen in another car and its not great plus the whole system is average (Pioneer AVIC-F3210BT).

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
If you want the doggies danglies, I'd go for alpine but I'm fussy about A/V and find the response of the pioneer is adequate. As with all car audio, pick the one that pleases you.

Ge0rge

Banned
Bump how did you get on? I bought a cayenne and it sadly only has a cd player though it has the screens built into the headrests so I'm guessing there may have been an issue with the standard headunit and it was replaced with an OEM Porsche headunit, every cayenne I've looked at for sale online has a dvd/sat nav headunit, it seems to have every other extra available at the time so don't understand the headunit only being a single din cd player..

Do you still have your old unit, did it have dvd/sat nav ?

Smorgol

RMS Member
OP
Smorgol
Yes I do. It has the Satnav etc mine is the cd sat nav pcm1 not the dvd Satnav pcm2.

Smorgol

RMS Member
OP
Smorgol
George I still have my cayenne with its PCM head unit (with Sat Nav - w/o UK disc). I'm probably going to change it so will give you a shout. My one has the BOSE fitting as well.

MGO

Ge0rge

Banned
George I still have my cayenne with its PCM head unit (with Sat Nav - w/o UK disc). I'm probably going to change it so will give you a shout. My one has the BOSE fitting as well.

MGO
Blew it out through the auction, hard to sell a 4.5 petrol 4x4 lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.