Ceebl's Mk7R Estate

FN2TypeR

RMS Regular
There’s a guy who has an identical one of these who comes in and out of my work. Very nice, man.

FN2TypeR

RMS Regular
No , balmoral textiles. So if any of you ever need need seat materials. Let me know I can get them!

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
Very nice! Just left a deposit on a red mark 7 estate today, cannot wait until I pick it up next week 😂
What sort of money is the ceramic coating if you don’t mind me asking, I’ve seen before they say the paint on the R is very soft

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Very nice! Just left a deposit on a red mark 7 estate today, cannot wait until I pick it up next week 😂
What sort of money is the ceramic coating if you don’t mind me asking, I’ve seen before they say the paint on the R is very soft
Cost me £450 but that was full paint correction first also. Id say its worth it for peace of mind, 5 year guarantee and the birds are a menace where I live so not getting stains on the lacquer every morning is a win for me!
Got the car back from PMG last week, lads did a great job and the photos don't do it justice, but I will post some anyway lol.
The biggest change I noticed was how dull it must have been before. It is very reflective now and when the sun hits the paint you can really see the metallic flakes.
Have yet to wash it to see how the coating helps with ease of cleaning, but I am certainly getting it dirty enough for a fair trial first anyway.
This was a day or two after I got it back, roped @warren into an early morning estate club spin up the coast for a coffee and some photos.
DSC_4007.jpg
DSC_4047.jpg
IMG_20201004_210019_848.jpg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Got the resonator chopped out of this last week... Must make an effort to get a video of it done.
Has added a bit of unwanted drone around 65-70mph as expected but the upside is it sounds a lot better elsewhere. Nice and dirty and a bit of rasp if that's your sort of thing. DSG farts are quite a bit more noticeable now too.
Not sure if it's the permanent exhaust answer but it will keep me happy for this year until the warranty is up and I can actually think about changing bits and mapping etc

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
Got the resonator chopped out of this last week... Must make an effort to get a video of it done.
Has added a bit of unwanted drone around 65-70mph as expected but the upside is it sounds a lot better elsewhere. Nice and dirty and a bit of rasp if that's your sort of thing. DSG farts are quite a bit more noticeable now too.
Not sure if it's the permanent exhaust answer but it will keep me happy for this year until the warranty is up and I can actually think about changing bits and mapping etc
Where did you get this done?

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Looks great!!! Is it lowered?

just pulled the trigger on a red 7.5 r estate. It’s on 18’s but I might change them out for 19’s
I believe its standard height. Had a quick look at the springs when the front wheel was off and I didn't see any distinguishing markings. Times I look at it and think it looks lowered, other times it looks like other peoples standard ones. Hard to tell!
The 10" Pretoria's do look great but your tyre price goes up massively going from 225/40r18 to 235/35r19. Expect £150+ a corner!
Beautiful R, love the blue 😍

I always loved the estate R
Thanks, I have a real soft spot for fast estates lol

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Get the exhaust flaps open permanently to avoid the sooty outside ones
Estate doesn't have flaps or I'd have it done, completely different layout on the estate basically with exhaust trims so the gas favours the easiest path on each side. Considering painting the inside of the tips black at some stage so at least it's less obvious lol

Reactions: Ben

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Haven’t been on here in ages! Still have the R and I still love it.
Recently seen some track use too which was great craic. Will hopefully have it back on track again over the summer once or twice.

My only issue now is I have myself sorted with a daily again that I’m now itching for a more interesting engine again. Very hard to beat a golf r estate for a weekend family car that can do a bit of everything but the only thing I think it’s missing is a more interesting exhaust note, maybe I just need to make the exhaust louder but it still won’t be something special like a v8…
Been eyeing up E92 M3 recently but one doesn’t suit my family life at the minute so it would sit in the driveway and rarely get a chance to move sadly.

Some recent photos below.
Wheels refurbed in course graphite by East Coast Coatings in Larne (real first class work)
Have made a Pikey R500 intake and had it mapped along with the DSG so it can take more torque.
Just needs a down-pipe if/when I get round to it.

Chris.

F04771C3-4594-46B9-A4A0-4F957CCCDC92.jpeg F40CD589-8D26-4BC3-AD1C-C59310957A30.jpeg 27B26A9F-91D3-4573-A161-B5CC4A8EE1E3.jpeg 17001EAD-D7E1-483A-8717-18158EEEA3BE.jpeg 1DF1B61F-9287-40CC-8B76-26A42F9F2BF5.jpeg D35EE51F-21F2-409B-8DEC-010D8A566D3F.jpeg FDD4C42E-A59C-4875-9198-4069D5B07626.jpeg 9B6180C6-F68F-4431-990E-481550A30503.jpeg